Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Buying 2016 P2 vs. 2021 P-Series
Quote | Reply
Hi guys! I'm looking to purchase my first tri bike. I've been looking at Cervelo's P2 and the P-Series, the most basic option for both. My LBS has a new 2016 P2 (old stock) in my size, which would cost me around $1k less than getting the new P-Series.

Would there be any significant disadvantage in getting the older P2 in terms of technology and bike performance? Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Buying 2016 P2 vs. 2021 P-Series [js3978] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The big performance knocks against the original P2/P3 were aerodynamic drag from its cockpit, dirty cable routing, and location of the rear brake. All of these have been significantly improved with the current generation P-Series. Plus, you get disc brakes with the P-Series, which might be a plus for you, depending on your personal preferences.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
js3978 wrote:
Hi guys! I'm looking to purchase my first tri bike. I've been looking at Cervelo's P2 and the P-Series, the most basic option for both. My LBS has a new 2016 P2 (old stock) in my size, which would cost me around $1k less than getting the new P-Series.

Would there be any significant disadvantage in getting the older P2 in terms of technology and bike performance? Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

I have 2015/16 P2 and love it, but you should get a P-series if it's only $1000 more.
Quote Reply
Re: Buying 2016 P2 vs. 2021 P-Series [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any particular reason why? I was thinking to use the $1k saving on wheels.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
js3978 wrote:
Any particular reason why? I was thinking to use the $1k saving on wheels.

The new P series is going to be a faster over all bike. The get the NOS P2 to anywhere near the same speed you're going to have to redon the front end. That's going to cost you ~$900 minimal. You only save $100 before labor & your time selling the cockpit/bringing everything to the bike shop and any small parts like cabling/housing they may need.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Buying 2016 P2 vs. 2021 P-Series [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahh I see, thanks so much for the input, very good to know. Will take this extra cost into consideration then.
Quote Reply