Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I really need some man boobs
Quote | Reply
Raced a 50k last weekend and the next day my lower ribs were more sore than legs. Because of COVID I ran that 50k with my Salomon S-Lab Sense 5 vest and that only required me to stop once to refill my soft flasks with water, plus once more to grab a banana and some other items from my drop bag.

I figured it was the cone shaped bottoms of the Salomon soft flasks that did the "rib digging", so maybe I do need more meat on me.

Any other suggestions?

I did however represent old men well and finished 8th overall in 5:02:38 and well ahead of the next 50+
Quote Reply
Re: I really need some man boobs [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carry water on your back (with tube), not front.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats on the race! As cumbersome as refilling a reservoir can be, I never had any comfort issues carrying a reservoir. I can’t say the same about carrying full size bottles up front.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same issue the first time I wore a similar Salomon vest on a long training run. After a couple more long training runs with the vest the ribs weren't as sore anymore. You've got to toughen up your ribs like you have to toughen up your butt on the bike seat. :)
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Oct 12, 20 17:16
Quote Reply
Re: I really need some man boobs [wakinglife] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This was the first time this happened. I ran with the same bottles in the Antelope Canyon 50 miler with no issues. And that was 8:48:48 of running
Quote Reply