Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New: Argon 18 E-119 Tri+ Disc - #WorstKeptSecret [Dugansposse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you measuring stack and reach from the center of the bottom bracket? This is a tall bike with little reach. Your numbers sound a bit on the extreme end of relaxed

Also, double check that your reach measurement is done the same way as Argon (center vs rear of pad)
Quote Reply
Re: New: Argon 18 E-119 Tri+ Disc - #WorstKeptSecret [Dugansposse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you get a video or picture of the final fit. These numbers are way out of what should be considered a normal triathlon fit……
Or was the fit bike a Harley D.? ;-)

More seriously, hardly any tri bike will fit these numbers so something looks to be off.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: New: Argon 18 E-119 Tri+ Disc - #WorstKeptSecret [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah it's sounding like maybe there is an issue in the fit or in my interpretation...will take another look. For my education,what would an "average" stack and reach look like for someone who is 6'0 and has a 31" inseam?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Something seems a bit off. That's a short reach for a 70cm pad stack. Some more info. would help.
What saddle?
Saddle setback (fore/aft of bottom bracket)
Saddle height?
How tall are you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m based in Europe so more used to the metric system, just to double check it is correct that are than 182-183 cm tall and have an inseam of 78 cm? That would mean quite a long torso……which would make the really short reach even more, well, strange at least and the same for the high stack.
Normally i would say you should have at least 50 to 70 mm more reach. Both your numbers are off.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dugansposse wrote:
Yeah it's sounding like maybe there is an issue in the fit or in my interpretation...will take another look. For my education, what would an "average" stack and reach look like for someone who is 6'0 and has a 31" inseam?

Note the difference between the inseam length when you buy trousers and inseam for the purposes of measuring for bikes. The bike one from floor to 'flesh' will be a couple of inch more than your Levis.

FWIW then I am all leg and no spine - 1.93m tall, but long legs. I hadn't realised when I bought my old argon many years ago due to it being the right price and right colour that it co-incidentally was a great fit for my odd proportions. I end up with a fair bit of seat post sticking up, and so although the front is higher than on other bikes, relative to the seat there's a fair drop that gives me a flat back.
Quote Reply

Prev Next