Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best Gym/Cycling Towels
Quote | Reply
Looking for recommendations for towels for the trainer and treadmill. I do have AC and a fan but it's not enough. I find that some towels stink more than others, which is my main thing I'm trying to fix.

What do you guys use?
Quote Reply
Re: Best Gym/Cycling Towels [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use a cotton hand towel (18" x 26"). After each Zwift workout I take it into the shower with me and wash it with bar soap, ring it out, and hang dry it. Then every week it goes in the washer with the rest of the laundry. The result is that bacteria never have a chance to take root.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had some cheap ones, the got hard and scratchy over time.

My favorite are the Gatorade sideline towels (the ones you get crossing the finishline, but you can buy them for like 10 a piece)... I know, expensive.. But i bought 10 for me and my better half.. Just nice to have soft absorbant towels every day
Last edited by: dcohen24: Oct 9, 20 18:34
Quote Reply
Re: Best Gym/Cycling Towels [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dcohen24 wrote:

My favorite are the Gatorade sideline towels (the ones you get crossing the finishline, but you can buy them for like 10 a piece)... I know, expensive.. But i bought 10 for me and my better half.. Just nice to have soft absorbant towels every day

Ok so I saw this on Amazon for 13 a piece. I was wondering if they were good towels or if there's a premium on the Gatorade logo.

I'll add them to my short list.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Gym/Cycling Towels [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
I use a cotton hand towel (18" x 26"). After each Zwift workout I take it into the shower with me and wash it with bar soap, ring it out, and hang dry it. Then every week it goes in the washer with the rest of the laundry. The result is that bacteria never have a chance to take root.

Good tip, I don't think I'm a fan of microfiber towels anyway. We have microfiber beach towels and they're definitely not my favorite.

Good tip on the bar soap, my garage is detached so I have a habit of leaving stuff behind. I'll get into this habit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I prefer a 12x40" towel so that it can drape across the handlebars with some room to spare. I had to cut down old bath towels to get what I wanted.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Gym/Cycling Towels [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dcohen24 wrote:

Hotel towels work just fine for me

I'll bring home a couple whenever we travel, then discard old ones to keep a constant inventory

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chan wrote:
Looking for recommendations for towels for the trainer and treadmill. I do have AC and a fan but it's not enough. I find that some towels stink more than others, which is my main thing I'm trying to fix.

What do you guys use?
Ikea handtowels
Got about 5 identical ones for that specific purpose a few years ago and they're still going strong. They've a good strong loop on them for hanging as well which comes in handy.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Gym/Cycling Towels [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
Chan wrote:

What do you guys use?
Ikea handtowels
Got about 5 identical ones for that specific purpose a few years ago and they're still going strong. They've a good strong loop on them for hanging as well which comes in handy.

Damn I was just at Ikea yesterday
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use large bath-size microfiber towels from Amazon on top of my bike on the aerobar pads - the bike is also covered with a separate cockpit cover.

I use small microfiber towels for hand toweling off sweat from myself. I prefer the small sizes for that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Big fan of these: 3 Size Towels at the Price of 1 - Super Pack - Fast Quick Dry · Super Absorbent · Ultra Compact · Lightweight · Antimicrobial · Set Microfiber Towels - Best For Gym Travel Camp Backpacking Yoga Fitnes https://www.amazon.com/...pi_fab_NbjHFbDQK62GA

I use the large one to cover bike cockpit up and the smaller/medium to towel off as I’m riding to contain sweat.

There are a zillion various ones like this onAmazon. But they’re pretty soft and don’t irritate my elbows and arms when using them on aerobars and absorb perry well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered 14 Cotton Craft hand towels off Amazon - 16" x 28". Use one each workout and toss it in the hamper. I used to use IKEA hand towels, but the stitching kept coming out in all of them.

---------------

"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Quote Reply
Re: Best Gym/Cycling Towels [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Highly considering them. Might have to test out microfiber and cotton then reorder the winner
Quote Reply