Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by ret123
Re: Capsulitis [ret123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ret123 wrote:
Middle toe capsulitis. Anyone else had this? How did you get back to running?

Cortisone injection. I was back to running after a few days. That was almost 10 years ago now, haven't had any reoccurrence.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What kind of provider diagnosed this and how? Do you have any drifting of the 2nd toe towards the 1st toe?

I would go to a foot & ankle orthopedist ( ideally one that treats athletes, etc) to get further diagnosis. Hopefully some on this board may chime in. I had 'capsulitis' diagnosed by a podiatrist who wanted nothing more than to sell me some expensive and ill-fitting orthotics, and it turned out I had a plantar plate tear which was causing the other issues. Learned to live with it since by the time it was properly diagnosed the surgeons were not overly confident about a successful outcome.

Then again it could simply be some irritation of the joint. I would get further evaluation early, just my .02. Good luck!
Last edited by: Zissou: Oct 10, 20 8:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What does it feel like for you? I have like a twinge/tingling it sometimes feels like in the ball of my foot/forefoot in line with my 2nd toe. I can’t tell if it’s anything serious...it doesn’t necessarily “hurt.”
Quote Reply
Re: Capsulitis [Rob G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw a foot and ankle orthopedic MD. After history and physical, he said I had third MTP capsulitis. He injected it with lidocaine and Cortizone and it felt 90% better but still about 50% sore three weeks later despite not running or swimming. He also suggested a metatarsal offset pad.He’s had it his whole life and he said it can be pretty recalcitrant. It is just pain with either running, pushing off the swimming pool wall or walking barefoot on a hard surface. No tingling or numbness. I’ve had Morton’s neuroma before and this is different
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ret123 wrote:
I saw a foot and ankle orthopedic MD. After history and physical, he said I had third MTP capsulitis. He injected it with lidocaine and Cortizone and it felt 90% better but still about 50% sore three weeks later despite not running or swimming. He also suggested a metatarsal offset pad.He’s had it his whole life and he said it can be pretty recalcitrant. It is just pain with either running, pushing off the swimming pool wall or walking barefoot on a hard surface. No tingling or numbness. I’ve had Morton’s neuroma before and this is different

Hope it gets better, thanks for the info. I don’t feel anything during running but just sometimes walking like it has to crack or something.
Quote Reply