Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gear Question: what's your go to pack?
Quote | Reply
Looking for a pack that I can take on long runs, rides, and hikes. Hopefully 1 that does it all. Thinking in the 10-15l range

Currently debating between the Osprey Duro and Raptor bags. Any recommendations?
Last edited by: indianacyclist: Oct 8, 20 8:33
Quote Reply
Re: Gear Question: what's your go to pack? [indianacyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't compare the two. But I got a Duro 15 just over a year ago.
And it's got to be the most comfortable thing I've had on my back. I really like it.
(I went for the largest size - the 15 - as I got it for some trail runs and an Xtri. On some of them I had to carry various mandatory kit as well as food and water - fully taped waterproof jacket and trousers, emergency bivvy bag, spare torch, spare batteries, hat, 1st aid kit gloves, gloves and some other bits and pieces.).

It came with a 2.5 litre bladder + 2x soft flasks.

The only thing against it ? Well to make it reasonably light it doesn't feel as robust as some of the Camelbaks I have for mountain biking - but at least one of those I have is crashproof Cordura and weighs 4 times this and is no good for running in (I tried running with 2 different mtb Camelbaks first but they weren't stable when running, so decided to get the Duro).
Quote Reply
Re: Gear Question: what's your go to pack? [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm leaning towards the Duro. That feedback helps.

I figured running with the Raptor would be a bit clunky. But riding with the Duro wouldn't be all that bad. Maybe a bit less breathability
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Duro 15 as well. I really enjoyed it for my R2R2R, but with all the water stations on, it was a tad on the big side. I am going to try out a Duro 6 to see if I like the size better. A full bladder is almost 6lbs. If you add any additional soft flasks... plus gear, it adds up.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an Osprey Duro.
Note: the S/M size Duro is actually only 13L.
That is plenty of room for single day adventures.

It is a brilliant bag but I haven't used it too much because I mostly use my Salomon Adv Skin 5 Set.
I find that for long hikes or runs all I need is my water filter, a bunch of food, a compressible shell jacket, two flasks, cell phone.
For long wilderness gravel bikes I use it as well for my tools, pump, etc.
5L is enough for it all.

My Duro is mainly now if I run commute and need a bag big enough to hold my work clothes.
I have an epic hike planned (when we're allowed to travel again) that I'll use it for as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.orangemud.com/collections/mountain-biking-hydration-packs

I have the adventure bag. I've only used it trail running, but I plan on using it for gravel riding. The main benefit: it doesn't cover your jersey pockets, so they are still fully usable.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply