Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who is racing in the next couple weeks? And for real - not virtual [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
I've raced two real events so far this year. I'll be in the Tour de Clermont cycling event Oct 3, possibly the Mermaid 2 mi OWS Oct 11, and the 1/3rd GFT on Oct 24. I have more events scheduled for Nov and Dec.

This looks like a solid race lineup!
Quote Reply
Re: Who is racing in the next couple weeks? And for real - not virtual [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Busso 70.3 in 15 days time.
Will be great. Local only race due to border closures but organisers have over 1000 entries overall to date.
Part of me can't wait, part of me is a bit anxious as it has been a long time between drinks....
Quote Reply
Re: Who is racing in the next couple weeks? And for real - not virtual [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
was meant to be doing a real honest-to-goodness half marathon next weekend. (things here in switzerland are fairly open.)

was initially shooting for a PB, on the back of a half ironman in september. but for 10 days of my 3-week build i've had a nasty sinus infection, and now one of my kids is quite sick . . . it ain't looking great. may duck out of this one and live to fight another day.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Who is racing in the next couple weeks? And for real - not virtual [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
was meant to be doing a real honest-to-goodness half marathon next weekend. (things here in switzerland are fairly open.)

was initially shooting for a PB, on the back of a half ironman in september. but for 10 days of my 3-week build i've had a nasty sinus infection, and now one of my kids is quite sick . . . it ain't looking great. may duck out of this one and live to fight another day.

Sometimes, a less than perfect final stretch can give the rest and recovery you need to have a great day out....
Quote Reply
Re: Who is racing in the next couple weeks? And for real - not virtual [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh no. Get well soon you two
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:

Could be a perfect taper =)

Hope you feel better
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Vince Ortiz Triathlon Extravaganza this Sunday lol. It is basically my Masters and a few people from local tri club. We will be starting in the lake in Vince's backyard.

Signed up for the Tidewater Striders Dismal Swamp Half Marathon November 21.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
I will run a 50k in 9 days, with lots of COVID-19 precautions, and the fields split up in small start groups based on speed projected.

Did a 100 miler last weekend. Went well, a little clustered at the start but everyone was asked to wear masks when in groups and at all aid stations. Other than the torrential rain for the first 70 miles it was nice to be out.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is racing in the next couple weeks? And for real - not virtual [dogchili94] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which one was that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here in Indiana we have had races since June. Ive done 8 this season. Just got back from one in Fort Collins Colorado this past Sunday and Im putting on a season ending duathlon tomorrow here in Indiana. Pretty good turn out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert -
I’m racing SwimRun Austin on Nov 8. If I didn’t live in the area I probably wouldn’t travel for it - but I’m looking forward to it since it is the first year of the race.

Sorry that your race couldn’t happen this year. Are you coming to Austin by any chance?

Best,
-Doug

It is the mind itself which builds the body.
-Joseph Pilates
Quote Reply
Re: Who is racing in the next couple weeks? And for real - not virtual [DougEFresh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 No longer trips right now
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
Which one was that?

Yeti 100 up in Damascus Va.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is racing in the next couple weeks? And for real - not virtual [dogchili94] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, Jessica Greenspan went sub 24. How about you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMF, I hope!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
Ah, Jessica Greenspan went sub 24. How about you?

Sub 19. Overall it was a great day and a PR (out of 2 100's) as the course was, elevation wise, much easier. The rain probably negated some of that but Patrick Reagan knocked about 30 minutes off the prior record.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is awesome - very cool
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oct 17 MTB XC 3/6hr
Nov 7 MTB XC 3/6 hr
Nov 14 MTB Pisgah MTB 24 mile /3,400ft
That’s it for 2020
Quote Reply
Re: Who is racing in the next couple weeks? And for real - not virtual [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bayshore 70.4 in Long Beach on November 4, the fact that I am not nearly in good enough shape notwithstanding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trail Half Marathon in small town in Northern WI where there is less restriction compared to being in Dane County (Madison area). Point to point so have to take a bus to the start--only people on the bus are in your wave--one person per seat. Wear a mask until you start. Waves start 10 minutes apart.
Quote Reply

Prev Next