Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Orbea Ordu 2021 [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it would be fairly easy to put a bento, hardcase model like PD, and mount it on the stemplate just behind the monopost.
You could use the bolt or replace it with a longer one that also holds the top cap. And probably one other point of attachment.
It does move of course when you steer but I think it could work.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Orbea Ordu 2021 [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know anything about quality of this bike but I have previous Ordu (2018) and had a chance to check orbea livetime frame warranty. During one ride chain fell of front chainring, hit chainstay near bb and disintegrated it like it was made from cardboard. Orbea said it was my fault, not production issue and they won't do anything about this.

https://drive.google.com/...89B/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/...p5n/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/...hdf/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/...UwB/view?usp=sharing
Quote Reply
Re: Orbea Ordu 2021 [KamilN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, has anyone actually rode one of these yet or even saw it in the flesh? I probably would have pulled the trigger on one except the lead times are quite far out, currently May
Quote Reply
Re: Orbea Ordu 2021 [Cona4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, i have one and set up in my fit studio

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Re: Orbea Ordu 2021 [KamilN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why would you expect them to do anything about that? The lifetime warranty is about defects. Obviously a metal chain will chew up carbon and that isn't a warranty issue.

They do have an optional accident policy which may apply of you paid for it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cona4 wrote:
So, has anyone actually rode one of these yet or even saw it in the flesh? I probably would have pulled the trigger on one except the lead times are quite far out, currently May

There seems to be a bit of stock on bikester, for the M sizes. Of course it would be nicer to have a custom paint shop, I agree.

https://www.strava.com/athletes/13873052
Quote Reply
Re: Orbea Ordu 2021 [Geraldaut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi

I ride TTs (in UK) so have no interest in bento boxes ;) but I do want my frame to be fast, and more importantly allow a long low position (which looking at the geometry this does).

Can anyone help me with a summary of this article: https://www.triathlete.com/...edmax-cf-slx-8-disc/

It’s behind a paywall, and whilst I don’t mind paying for content, $49 is a bit steep if it’s just a marketing wash on the two products. I believe USAT members get free access?

Thanks
Nic
Quote Reply
Re: Orbea Ordu 2021 [nic_77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't give insight into the article but just be aware that neither of these bikes are going to be easy to get a hold of in the UK. I talked to a local dealer about getting one and it was looking like June/July in terms of earliest delivery and that was only for some sizes. These were also estimated dates from Orbea so they could shift further. The size I was after, M/L, had no estimated dates so who know when it will be available. Canyon is even worse with estimated availability dates for all but the XL size being 'October 2021.'

By the time either bike is shipped the 2022 models may well have been announced. Shimano is expected to launch new groupset(s) this year and the rumor's are a complete overhaul of Di2 in on the cards. If this happens you will have bought a very expensive bike that is already out of date by the time it lands on your doorstep.
Quote Reply
Re: Orbea Ordu 2021 [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scott8888 wrote:
I can't give insight into the article but just be aware that neither of these bikes are going to be easy to get a hold of in the UK. I talked to a local dealer about getting one and it was looking like June/July in terms of earliest delivery and that was only for some sizes. These were also estimated dates from Orbea so they could shift further. The size I was after, M/L, had no estimated dates so who know when it will be available. Canyon is even worse with estimated availability dates for all but the XL size being 'October 2021.'

By the time either bike is shipped the 2022 models may well have been announced. Shimano is expected to launch new groupset(s) this year and the rumor's are a complete overhaul of Di2 in on the cards. If this happens you will have bought a very expensive bike that is already out of date by the time it lands on your doorstep.
Tell me about it... trying to get hold of anything is a nightmare.
The dealers I have spoken to are struggling with prices going +15% overnight (all because of the rules of origin under Brexit agreements)
Quote Reply
Re: Orbea Ordu 2021 [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scott8888 wrote:

Don't worry, those "2022 models" will be even more vaporware than existing 2021 "stock" (deliberately put into quotes), unless the supply situation changes for some miracle recovery reason. So while something might be "outdated" on paper, in practice it won't be at least a year. Neither expect Shimano providing new DA with any meaningful availability, given the 16+ week delivery dates of full groupsets of existing DA/Ultegra ATM in retail channels.

Orbea is nowhere the worst manufacturer currently, Specialized, for instance, has not been available at all in some regions since November (they just raised the prices for the 2nd time in 5 months, but who cares if you can't get the bikes anyway).

Thus, if you can grab a bike right now wherever you find stock, do it.

----------------------------
Need more W/CdA.
Quote Reply
Re: Orbea Ordu 2021 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Ordu owners
Looking for some advice....just got a new Orbea Ordu and am trying to set it up on my turbo (Elite Suito). My turbo previously has a standard quick release skewer for my road bike. But the Ordu TT bike has a Allen bolt rear skewer. The standard release skewer wont fit becuase its too short.

How do I overcome this? Do I need to buy a new longer skewer or how does this work?

Thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cona4 wrote:
Hi Ordu owners
Looking for some advice....just got a new Orbea Ordu and am trying to set it up on my turbo (Elite Suito). My turbo previously has a standard quick release skewer for my road bike. But the Ordu TT bike has a Allen bolt rear skewer. The standard release skewer wont fit becuase its too short.

How do I overcome this? Do I need to buy a new longer skewer or how does this work?

Thanks in advance

Ok nevermind the above, after some googling I have discovered a thru-axle adaptor is what I require.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So...any Ordu owners around here?

What are your thoughts on the bike?

For me, this is my first TT bike and so far I am struggling to get somewhat comfortable with the bike. The first most noticeable problem for me, is the basebar handles...They almost feel like they are too far for me and I feel really stretched out when just on the basebars. the basebar grip is quite uncomfortable for my wrists as well. I may need to remove this and just use bar tape.

As its my first TT bike, I am still getting to terms with handling and staying in TT position. I guess the more I can work on this, the less I will need the basebars...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tried flipping the basebar? The added height might help.

Since most of your time will be in pads/extension, TT bikes generally don't provide adjustable basebar reach (short of cheap bikes with standard stems)

Dan has it and wrote a lengthy review on it. But sounds like he got the wrong size: https://www.slowtwitch.com/...s_New_Ordu_7933.html

It looks like a great bike for a great value, relative to the other brands' superbikes. Long and low, too. Looking forward to hearing your and others thoughts on the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cona4 wrote:
So...any Ordu owners around here?

What are your thoughts on the bike?

For me, this is my first TT bike and so far I am struggling to get somewhat comfortable with the bike. The first most noticeable problem for me, is the basebar handles...They almost feel like they are too far for me and I feel really stretched out when just on the basebars. the basebar grip is quite uncomfortable for my wrists as well. I may need to remove this and just use bar tape.

As its my first TT bike, I am still getting to terms with handling and staying in TT position. I guess the more I can work on this, the less I will need the basebars...

Did you actually get a proper bike fit before you got the bike so that your current set up is based on that fit? Or are you just ‘ experimenting’ with the set up?

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve been on the new Ordu for a couple months now with a little over 2,000 miles on it currently.

The base bar reach was definitely too forward for me. It wasn’t an issue of where my hands were at, but rather the strange leverage of it being so far in front of the steerer tube. I cut it back an inch or two and now it’s perfect. (My base bar is flipped up)

I am on the S/M size frame which is a bit strange sounding since I’m 6’1”, but it pretty much fits perfectly (long torso, short legs). I figured out a good front hydration solution for me and the handling is really good too.

Only real complaint of the bike is that I wish some of the bolts on the front end were a size bigger and/or more robust. Snapped one and stripped some others despite using a proper torque wrench and everything.

Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Adam Feigh
Pianko Law, Speed Hound, Castelli, Sailfish, Base
Feighathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Orbea Ordu 2021 [Feighathlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you explain what you mean by "Cut it back"? I am on the top end of the size small.

What is your bike component build and have you weighed it? Here so much about sub 8K in reviews but more like 9k (~20lbs) from shops I have called.
Quote Reply
Re: Orbea Ordu 2021 [scca_ita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cut the carbon on the bullhorns to make them shorter. I have bar tape on currently so not sure how it would effect the use of the grips.

I weighed mine at right about 20 pounds right after building at the shop. That was with DT Swiss 80mm ARC wheels, mostly Ultegra di2 components with SLF Motion cage, Quarq dfour power meter and 54/42 Dura-ace chainrings, Berk Saddle, speedplay pedals. Didn’t have my front hydration on yet or flat supplies, but pretty much everything else. Could likely get sub 20 if you are a true weight weenie.

Adam Feigh
Feighathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Orbea Ordu 2021 [Feighathlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will probably leave cutting the bars as the last measure (im not keen on cutting anything).
But its funny you mention that, I dont really like the grips that come as standard, I find them uncomfortable, I will probably take them off and replace with standard bar tape.

I dont suppose there is a YouTube video that shows whats involved with flipping the basebars do you? I read somewhere about having to bleed the brakes if you do it and Im not confident enough I would know what to do with that....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No videos I know of, but you will have to rerun the brake cables and switch the levers. So it is somewhat complicated.

Adam Feigh
Feighathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Orbea Ordu 2021 [Eroc43] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eroc43 wrote:
Yes, I forgot the Orca aero did not get the same update this year as the Orca. Wonder if the Aero will continue, or go the way of the venge.
I would not be surprised if the Terra gets an update next year.

Well, Orca Aero got an Ordu-like update a few weeks ago instead of the axe, and the new Terra Carbon was released today. The entire Orbea road bike range is now pretty damn compelling.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: Orbea Ordu 2021 [mrlobber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have idea for a bta standard bottle? I also have PD 43 ASC extensions. Not sure if I can do both.

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply

Prev Next