Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

computrainer parts and repair
Quote | Reply
I still love my computrainer but it has been getting flaky lately. After riding for a few minutes the power reading starts to shoot up as it actually gets easier and easier to pedal.
Does anyone know what might be wrong with it?
Is anyone aware of a way to get a computrainer serviced and or to get replacement parts?

I've had it a long time and it has been key for my training. I hate giving up on it. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: computrainer parts and repair [PeteDominick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two things:
1) tire pressure and slippage. When this was happening for me I found the rim had cracked. In addition, the tire was going flat.
2) I was using on TR with an old Mac and used to do sometimes when other stuff was open. Maybe coincidence but if I only had TR running seemed to be fine.

Not sure where you live but people seem to be giving CTs away. I agree and loved mine - still have it. But did go to TACX Neo 2T and can be riding in a tenth of the time. Don’t think my TACX will last a decade or longer mechanically and structurally, but we will see. It is awesome so far.

I miss you "Sports Night"
Quote Reply
Re: computrainer parts and repair [Quo Vadimus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've tried to sell mine. Not surprising, no one wants it.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: computrainer parts and repair [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve used a Computrainer for 15(?) years and it does everything I need. However, at higher speeds ( 18+) it’s developed a pulsation or drumming sound. I can’t feel anything different, just the sound. So, in the process of eliminating possibilities - changing, chain, cassette, tire, overhauled BB. It seems to spin without issue (when free spinning), no binding, but I wonder f the bearings might be going. Any suggestions?

In any case, if anyone is getting rid of theirs, I’ll take it. I don’t need the stand, so that can be disposed, but can use everything else.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: computrainer parts and repair [Tri-Bum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you say you get a drumming when under load but otherwise not? There is a copper plate inside the load generator that may be failing. If that is the case it is not going to show up until the system is loaded and warmed up. Then when it is at higher speed this may present itself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not saying this is your issue, but each time I have had an issue with my CT acting up, it was related to the wheel or tire. Two separate issued did what you said. FYI, the wheel was originally purchased in 2005 and the tire in 2009, so I got a long life out of them.

I miss you "Sports Night"
Quote Reply
Re: computrainer parts and repair [tallswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tallswimmer- yep. Did that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri-Bum wrote:
I’ve used a Computrainer for 15(?) years and it does everything I need. However, at higher speeds ( 18+) it’s developed a pulsation or drumming sound. I can’t feel anything different, just the sound. So, in the process of eliminating possibilities - changing, chain, cassette, tire, overhauled BB. It seems to spin without issue (when free spinning), no binding, but I wonder f the bearings might be going. Any suggestions?

In any case, if anyone is getting rid of theirs, I’ll take it. I don’t need the stand, so that can be disposed, but can use everything else.

Thanks.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/.../?page=unread#unread

--Chris
Quote Reply
Re: computrainer parts and repair [chriselam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We still use our computrainers. My original from 1995 is going strong. I use them with perfpro and have dabbled in Rouvy and Zwift using CT Ant+ bridge. Besides the cables to deal with, I have no reason to upgrade.

I have bought two units for my kids because I pictured an entire family working out together in our basement. Yeah that didn't turn out as planned so I have two as back up for parts. Really inexpensive right now. Maybe silly, but I am a bit sentimental.
Quote Reply
Re: computrainer parts and repair [nickwisconsin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine worked great. Dealing with the tire got on my nerves and I really wanted the Kickr Climb when it came out so I figured it was time. I do love the Kickr and Climb.

--Chris
Quote Reply
Re: computrainer parts and repair [nickwisconsin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i've got a computrainer problem I'm hoping someone can help me with. Haven't used mine in a couple years- deployment, life stuff, etc.

Loved it, decided to get things set back up. Working on it now, and when I connected power to my handlebar controller, I got the typically readout with the 0.00 on top and the U2.00 on the bottom. Then it went off. I tried rebooting power, and the numbers would appear briefly, then disappear. Now, nothing.

So...fuse? Dead handlebar controller? Suggestions?

Any help, chastisement, advice gratefully accepted

Thanks in advance,
Lanceman
Quote Reply