Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

S-works Trivent
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Has anyone used these and have some feedback on them? Looking to get a pair, maybe.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: S-works Trivent [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had them years ago when they first cam out. They are ok.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: S-works Trivent [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm they are kinda pricey to be just ok.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered and sent them back in 2019. It could have changed since then, but it was a pretty loose/non-secure feeling around the heel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair still kicking around somewhere. In my experience, they are good for short course. For anything 70.3 or longer and I race in my Sworks road shoes (barefoot, flying mount and dismount with no issues).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TizzleDK wrote:
Hmmm they are kinda pricey to be just ok.

It's just not a great cycling shoe and the ease of entry for longer races doesn't make up for a poor fit.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: S-works Trivent [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got it thats what I needed to know. Thanks.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TizzleDK wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone used these and have some feedback on them? Looking to get a pair, maybe.

I race in them but I will admit they are not great. The quick in/out is really nice for short course but not enough of an advantage for long course compared to what you give up. They are comfy (good material) but you can't get a tight/snug fit so there is lots of slop in how the shoe fits and you are likely giving up some power transfer. Ironically Spec other tri shoe (which i think is discontinied?) is called the Trivent SC... for short course. This shoe is less expensive, so I guess they though calling it a short course shoe would keep deep Ironman racers away, but it is actually a far better shoe for long distance (and not as good at short course since it take a little more effort to get on and off.

On the cheap the S-Works is a good buy, but certainly not a $400 shoe. I believe even the pros sponsored by Specialized race in the SC version.