Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Whats Up with Ironman Canada Registration [y_nigel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
y_nigel wrote:
I just finished my booking for Spanish Villa! (My deferred registration was completed last week).
They said they were almost completely full again for next year - only a couple rooms left

I guess that means at some point I need to stop drinking beer and start actually training again, ugh......
I haven't swam with any effort since like march!

Haha, just booked Tremblant yesterday and realized I need to start swimming again (at some point). Have to say I haven't missed the swimming at all.

AJ

-------------------------------------------------------
IM WC Hawaii 2024
Quote Reply
Re: Whats Up with Ironman Canada Registration [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
Related-unrelated...

I'm hoping IM Mont-Tremblant has similar openings. I need to transfer out of my deferred entry to IMChatt next year (family wedding same weekend) and would like to transfer to IMMT. I have to wait 10 days after general registration opened. 9 more days.

Curious to know what they said to you because general registration sold out in the first day for Tremblant? I doubt that they've held open n spots for deferrals, but maybe they have as part of a better consumer experience?

AJ

-------------------------------------------------------
IM WC Hawaii 2024
Quote Reply
Re: Whats Up with Ironman Canada Registration [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There goes that I guess.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Whats Up with Ironman Canada Registration [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see Tremblant has foundation slots at $1400 CAD. Penticton still open as of 10:30 pm EDT on 29 Sep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
y_nigel wrote:
I just finished my booking for Spanish Villa!

Ah, fond memories of the Spanish Villa. Walls so thin you can hear someone farting in the room next door, or doing dishes at 3am.
Or drunks partying loudly in the empty lot next door.
Quote Reply
Re: Whats Up with Ironman Canada Registration [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
y_nigel wrote:

Ah, fond memories of the Spanish Villa. Walls so thin you can hear someone farting in the room next door, or doing dishes at 3am.

or trashy albertans partying in the parking lot outside of their rooms till 3am
no offence to Albertans - we can just tell you're from Alberta ;)
Last edited by: y_nigel: Sep 30, 20 9:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
y_nigel wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
y_nigel wrote:

or trashy albertans partying in the parking lot outside of their rooms till 3am
no offence to Albertans - we can just tell you're from Alberta ;)

Albertans are the worst.
Quote Reply
Re: Whats Up with Ironman Canada Registration [HoustonAg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HoustonAg wrote:
I imagine half the issue is lodging. I rolled my 2020 registration to 2021 a couple weeks ago and immediately starting looking for a new house for 2021. We found 3 different places that met our needs and all 3 declined siting uncertainty with Americans being able to come into country.

Curious...Im a dual US/Canadian citizen permanently living in the U.S. Do you have to show some sort of proof of citizenship to an airbnb?
Still debating signing up for this race in my head. If only Canadians can get in maybe I'd have a shot at KQ like the Australian race where half the people qualifIed.

Edit: Registered, only 30 spots left according to FB. I was born in Oliver so I should do this.
Last edited by: CP78: Oct 5, 20 0:03
Quote Reply
Re: Whats Up with Ironman Canada Registration [CP78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CP78 wrote:
HoustonAg wrote:
I imagine half the issue is lodging. I rolled my 2020 registration to 2021 a couple weeks ago and immediately starting looking for a new house for 2021. We found 3 different places that met our needs and all 3 declined siting uncertainty with Americans being able to come into country.

Curious...Im a dual US/Canadian citizen permanently living in the U.S. Do you have to show some sort of proof of citizenship to an airbnb?
Still debating signing up for this race in my head. If only Canadians can get in maybe I'd have a shot at KQ like the Australian race where half the people qualifIed.

Edit: Registered, only 30 spots left according to FB. I was born in Oliver so I should do this.

Honestly, I have no idea what prompted their decisions, maybe they saw the US based address and felt that they were too at risk for a cancellations so they decided not to allow me to rent it. Whatever their reason, in all 3 cases I look at it as their house their prerogative and I’m fine with it, just makes finding lodging that much more difficult. Luckily, we were able to find a perfect house right in town just five minutes from transition so it all worked out for the best. If you are debating doing, I say just do it. I’m signed up and if I can’t go because of restrictions still being a place a year from now, then so be it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next