Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hokka Rincon 2 - any impressions?
Quote | Reply
The Hokka Rincon has been my favorite training shoe in years; from the forums, it looks like a lot of you agree.
I had tried various Hokka's through the years but they always felt too tall and overly cushioned; you couldn't feel the texture of the road.
The Rincons are just awesome. Seems like you sit lower in the cushion and they are completely neutral and very light.
Though, notoriously, were sized 1/2 smaller than actual. Meaning an 11 was a 11.5.

Just found out it's been replaced by the Rincon 2. Good lord, as what often happens too much with shoes, the "upgrade" is often worse than the prior model.

Have any of you gone Rincon to Rincon 2? If so, what's the reaction? Same shoe? Or did they mess it up?
Trying to decide if I need to buy a bunch of Rincon 1's before they're gone.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Hokka Rincon 2 - any impressions? [twain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey,

https://www.bing.com/...detail&FORM=VIRE

To sum up the video. Almost nothing has changed. Maybe the fabric is more water resistant and it may make your feet warmer than the Rincon One. I would buy the two in a heartbeat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the orig. Rincon, too, and picked up the new version - have barely worn the 2 but after trying on and a quick jog the 2 felt fine (and I’m keeping them).
Quote Reply
Re: Hokka Rincon 2 - any impressions? [dand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use Rincons for tanning and they are awesome. Only problem is they wear out fast. Light shoes don’t last long.
Quote Reply
Re: Hokka Rincon 2 - any impressions? [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
I use Rincons for tanning and they are awesome. Only problem is they wear out fast. Light shoes don’t last long.

Best typo ever. How are the tan-lines from those trainers? I foundt the tracers best for straight tan-lines, and the Bondi for good threshold-tanning sessions.
Quote Reply
Re: Hokka Rincon 2 - any impressions? [lovegoat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let's be real: the UV exposure is going to break most shoes down quickly. careful with the bondis... with that stack you're flying closer to the sun
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's been a bit since I put the rincon 2 on.

I did a quick shoe review of it with my initial thoughts as well as a comparison review against the clifton. Go here you can scroll to find the reviews.

IIRC the only changes from the 1 to 2 were an upper change. It's the same platform, midsole, laces etc. They may have altered the outsole design a touch, can't remember.

The shoe should fit and feel the same.

Every season your favorite shoe is going to change. If you make friends with your local running shop they can let you know when that's happening and order you extra shoes in the model you like. I'm not afraid to email the reps and ask them to pull my favs from other LRS inventories if I really, really LOVE a shoe and know a drastic change is coming up.

If you get to know the folks in your LRS they may be willing to do that for you. Now if you're only in 1-2x year that's not happening. If you're in often & make an effort to get to know the staff you're going to get favorable treatment for stuff like that.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Sep 29, 20 8:12
Quote Reply