Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Sept. 28 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Sept. 28 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals this week: physical and mental health!

I am still physically healthy.
I had another rough mental health week, used some of the unhealthy coping skills, then got my head together and used the healthy ones. I was doing really, really well at the start of the term and I want that back. And I am fully capable of getting it back.

totals
s: 4600m (4x)
b: 105 mi (2x, one 28 mi ride and 77.5 yesterday because I needed to get my head straight and turtling on the bike for awhile seemed like the thing that would do it. Which it did.)
r: 51.2 mi (6 runs)

goals this week: mental and physical health, run less, ride more

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Sept. 28 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I picked up my new mountain bike and went out with a friend on Saturday. Man! Mountain biking is hard!! We only did about 4.5 miles but it felt like 50 miles. Some walking too on the steep rooted/rocky downhills and uphills. Lots of practice needed. We're going out again Friday afternoon.

Gym twice too.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

TC-I do believe that you can get back there! Sending you lots of support for gentle self care and understanding in this coocoo bananas world we live in.

I'm all right. I got back into things nice and gently last week, after my post-A-race break. I think I did 2 rides, 1 run, and a swim, but I didn't bother to check. Had the most lovely of fall rides on Saturday through the rainbow colored hills around here. It was so, so fun, and it was nice to have a long ride that absolutely wasn't training for anything, it was just fun.

This week, I have 2 bikes, 2 runs, and a swim.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Sept. 28 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I always describe my mountain biking as either "sweating and swearing, or sweating and scared"
It does get better, though.
KS

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Sept. 28 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yay, let's see pictures of the new steed (and you ripping it up on something terrifying looking)!

Dr TC - good work getting back to the healthy coping skills.

Bing - enjoy the break.

Not much going on here. Still running. This month will be a 100+ mile month which is a lot for me - only the second time I've hit this kind of volume. I got some new running shoes to celebrate :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Enjoy the new adventures!

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finally got my fit on my new road bike...need shorter cranks & to visit my chiropractor again (according to my bike fitter) on Saturday. Then went with said fitter and another gal to ride "Turnbull Canyon" a popular local hill ride...had to stop 4-5 times on the way up (I am way out of shape). The way down was kind of scary, I've done this ride before, but only on my tri- bike (with 650 wheels=lower center of gravity).
This week plans--survive kids back in school. Had to go to campus to teach today-no students just all teachers working through the tech in classrooms to teach kids all at home. Tomorrow -they're baaaack !!! Well, just under half the campus anyway. Some chose to stay with distance learning for the semester, so the remainder of the students are split roughly in half, though with my classes they are not very well split, some days I will have 15 + kids in class, then on other days I'll only have 7...
Been doing a bit of meditation to try to calm my anxiety and help me sleep in these nerve wracking days before I see students in person, and the quarter ends next week...have to get caught up on grading. Maybe I'll get a workout or 2 in.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Sept. 28 Edition [SDCali] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 I totally get the anxiety. Let us know how your day goes!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Survived day 1, my classes are not the best balanced, so this was my generally smaller day. In one class I only had 6 students in person, whereas tomorrow...that's my bigger class day. Most of my classes tomorrow will have 15 to 17 students in person. Fortunately, they gave us a "recovery day" after day 1 of in person instruction (our Wednesdays are our student off days--so student's either come on Mon & Thurs or Tues & Fri, we do meet with 1 group of students for an hour online then the rest of the day is either office hours, prep, meetings or PD). So we get to work from home.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Sept. 28 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply