Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp Vuka Shift AXS 90
Quote | Reply
Hello, I plan to change my triathlon bike from mechanical 2x SRAM RED to electronic 1x SRAM AXS, mainly for flatt training and races MD & LD, as I have another one for the hilly stuff.
I am fitted on the Felt B2 incl. a ZIPP Vuka Stealth Cockpit ("integrated stem") with Zipp Vuka R2C extensions.
Now I consider to go the route with the Zipp Vuka Shift AXS 90, as I do not see where to place the AXS Blipbox in my existing set up.
I would also consider combining the Vuka AXS 90 extensions with the TriRig Scoop.
Unfortunately I do not find any experience/user stories on this Vuka Shift AXS 90 extensions.
Does anyone has experience with the Vuka Shift AXS 90 ?
Anyone using them with a Zipp Vuka Aero/Stealth Base Bar ?
Anyone using them together with the TriRig Scoops ?
Buying price is not the major issue as I can get the Vuka AXS 90 for a really competitive price, compared to AXS BlipBox and Vuka extensions.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Shift AXS 90 [a_zweyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just set mine up this weekend on a TriRig Alpha One bars w/Scoops. I’m just trying to get the MultiClics where I want them.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They work really well and fit very nice.
The one complaint is that the rubberized bar end grips let go at the first ride.
Which is not funny when you a hit bump in the road at 45 km/ph and hand completely slipped from the extension.
Incl. the grip.

Super glued them back on and now I really like them. Wish they would make a wireless blip as well.
Not a fan of the multiclics.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Last edited by: TRIPRO: Sep 29, 20 1:03
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Shift AXS 90 [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correct me if I'm out of line here but I'd be pissed if I just spent $850 on extensions for the rubber bit to come off during the first ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Shift AXS 90 [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, thanks for your feedback. Just let me know once you have found the "sweet spot" for the multi clics. Regards
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Jeroen for your feedback. I will take care about your mentioned "issue".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello again,

Zipp Vuka Shift AXS 90 received and the first "look and feel" is very positiv.
Mounted one extension against my existing Zipp R2C Extensions/Shifters and they feel very similar, at least for an 1,5 hour indoor session.

Where I am still very unsure is the use and mounting of the standard delivered "MultiClics" on the base bar.
I do not find the right spot to mount them and consider to exchange them with the older "Blips" which I would mount under the bar tape.

Before spending some more money for the "Blips", I would appreciate to get some feedback "Blips" vs "MultiClics" for mounting on the base bar.

Does anyone has experience with both options and what was his final path ?

Which place you prefer to mount the "Blips" on the base bar ?

Any shifting problems with the "Blips" mounted with bar tape ?

Thanks for feedback,
Alexander
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The multi clics will work fine when you have this clamp from sram

https://www.sram.com/en/sram/models/ep-eac-ccl-a1

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
The multi clics will work fine when you have this clamp from sram

https://www.sram.com/en/sram/models/ep-eac-ccl-a1

Jeroen

Jeroen, how well do those fit brakes that aren’t the SRAM S-900 Aero? I use the Bontrager XXX Aero brake levers. I’m also having a terrible time placing the multiclics.

https://www.trekbikes.com/...RWylWqRoCrAcQAvD_BwE

Last edited by: The GMAN: Oct 16, 20 4:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info, looks interesting.

Need to check if it fits my brake lever setup, as I am "old fashioned", running on rim brakes with the SRAM TT 990 brake levers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That will not work really well, they are more or less designed to match that protruding edge of the hydrauliv brake lever.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I might try them anyway because they’re only $15.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
Thanks. I might try them anyway because they’re only $15.

Please let us know how this goes, as I am interested in trying something similar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did this setup work out for you with the Bontrager brake levers? Curious to know. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Shift AXS 90 [SN95NIK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SN95NIK wrote:
Did this setup work out for you with the Bontrager brake levers? Curious to know. Thanks.

Sorry that I forgot to provide an update. Absolutely did not work. The clamp is too wide for the base bar extensions, as in it doesn’t come close to tightening. The diameter of the clamp is a couple mm wider than the bar. So it must somehow attach to those hydraulic levers and not to the bar itself.

Last edited by: The GMAN: Dec 30, 20 11:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I seem to remember that when dan set these up he was adamant that the best way to do it was just to epoxy them to the base bar. Guessing this is why then.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
Sorry that I forgot to provide an update. Absolutely did not work. The clamp is too wide for the base bar extensions, as in it doesn’t come close to tightening. The diameter of the clamp is a couple mm wider than the bar. So it must somehow attach to those hydraulic levers and not to the bar itself.

Well, that is unfortunate. Thanks for following up though.

imswimmer328 wrote:
I seem to remember that when dan set these up he was adamant that the best way to do it was just to epoxy them to the base bar. Guessing this is why then.

I remember that as well, and will likely go that route. Just was hoping to avoid making semi-permanent modifications if I didn't have to.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will post a picture later of how I did install the multiclics.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply