Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Reap Vulcan aero bars
Quote | Reply
I see an awesome looking aero bar setup enter the market yesterday that may spark some interest. The extra adjustability for fit looks awesome. My only gripe may be that I can’t see integrated cable with an access point out the back of the stem that I have and need now for full cable integration.

http://reapbikes.com/vulcan/
Quote Reply
Re: Reap Vulcan aero bars [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw one of their bikes at a tri last year - it was STUNNING.

Looks from their website they have a new bike coming - showing it bit by bit.
Guesses....like the old one but with disc brakes and the new front end you've identified. Maybe better / more storage and hydration.
(Didn't need to be nostradamus to make those predictions 🙄)

Will be interesting to see how they plumb everything in on a full bike when its revealed - that should help answer your Q hopefully.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is some nice looking stuff they are showing. It will be interesting to hear how well their products work.
Quote Reply
Re: Reap Vulcan aero bars [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve chatted to a few people that have ridden behind them and the rear stays are quite small and apparently the wheel flexing bending side to side is quite extreme. The first time I rode behind a Falco freaked me out years ago and I understand it’s similar. That being said they are a good looking bike. Can’t wait for more news on the bars from their next release in a few days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The extensions and cups look very similar to the Aerocoach models, so wouldn't be surprised if that's a collaboration between the two UK companies.
For those not aware there are some very progressive companies here in the UK tailoring products for the amateur time trial market, not affected by UCI regs, so also popular with aero focussed triathletes. A lot of the high hands extensions are adaptable to existing base bars.

Aerocoach.co.uk
Shopforwatts.co.uk
Drag2zero.co.uk
Revolverwheels.co.uk
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some of these bulky monoposts and chunky cross members look very un-aero. Especially compared to two narrow airfoil spacers.

I dont get why everyone is doing it.
Quote Reply
Re: Reap Vulcan aero bars [jn46] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jn46 wrote:
The extensions and cups look very similar to the Aerocoach models, so wouldn't be surprised if that's a collaboration between the two UK companies.

It isn’t, no.

The ones we make (Ascalons) have been specifically approved by the UCI (as in they’ve inspected the CAD files and said yes, something we did to make sure they could be used in the Tokyo Olympic Games on the track), in a 15deg angle setup. We also make adapters for the Ascalons at 25deg which put the arm rests at 25deg and then the hand position is similar to a 45deg ski extension. 25deg is UCI illegal but fine for UK time trials or for triathlon - and we’re in the process of making a BTA mount for the Ascalons too, just need to figure out the best location for the computer and then that’ll be ready to go :)

AeroCoach UK
http://www.aero-coach.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: Reap Vulcan aero bars [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is seeing the wind is rather minimal compared to a bar that can get you most aero/comfortable fit out the box. It says integrated BTA or integrated hydration systems coming so as a package I am sure will be rather slippery.
Quote Reply
Re: Reap Vulcan aero bars [Xavier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for clarification xavier and keep up the good work, good to see Ineos using your disc wheels in the tour!
Quote Reply
Re: Reap Vulcan aero bars [jn46] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jn46 wrote:
Thanks for clarification xavier and keep up the good work, good to see Ineos using your disc wheels in the tour!

AeroCoach UK
http://www.aero-coach.co.uk
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
What is seeing the wind is rather minimal compared to a bar that can get you most aero/comfortable fit out the box. It says integrated BTA or integrated hydration systems coming so as a package I am sure will be rather slippery.

Below are some pictures for comparison. Does all this blunt frontal area look minimal compared to two thin airfoil spacers? The latter looks much much more aero to my eye.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As I said the bottom bar doesn't offer the same fit out the box let alone the integrated forearm extension. That combined with overall fit are where maximum aero savings will been found. The Reap bar is also offering mantis a more aero position for most and certainly a more comfortable position for me. Is two smaller surfaces with associated drag even less than one larger surface?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
As I said the bottom bar doesn't offer the same fit out the box let alone the integrated forearm extension. That combined with overall fit are where maximum aero savings will been found. The Reap bar is also offering mantis a more aero position for most and certainly a more comfortable position for me. Is two smaller surfaces with associated drag even less than one larger surface?

Mantis is slower for many athletes. But even if you want it, the bottom bar has tilt and significant adjustability in all directions. The same fit can be reached with it. What "fit" do you think it is lacking?

Also, integrated extensions are an independent issue/part, whether mono or dual stack. Such extensions can be mounted on any bar. Vision now offers them, for example, and maintain tilt adjustability.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Then go buy a Tririg bar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I made a general comment about mono bars. Not picking on this one. I dont understand what you meant by the things you said are an advantage to them, but I guess that pressed your buttons for some reason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No issue you're not sold on mono post and if you don't want to see, then I don't feel the need to explain. I thought I'd explained enough or was pretty self explanatory is all. You have every right to your opinion.
Last edited by: Shambolic: Sep 27, 20 0:51
Quote Reply