Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Email from IM today: Complete your deferral registration. But I did already.
Quote | Reply
Complete your deferral registration. Congratulations! You are now ready to register.

I just got that email from IM. I completed my deferral registration months ago. It is DONE. Should I ignore this? Did anyone else get this?
Quote Reply
Re: Email from IM today: Complete your deferral registration. But I did already. [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I received mine for Augusta 70.3 today, but I had not taken any prior action like you did.
Quote Reply
Re: Email from IM today: Complete your deferral registration. But I did already. [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got the same thing and needed to fill out medical questions and give a contact person. I thought I'd done this previously but it only tale about a minute to fill out the form.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the first one we all did originally was simply choosing our deferral option. This one is actually registering for what we deferred to. Maybe more complicated than it needs to be, but I do think they are slightly different.
Quote Reply
Re: Email from IM today: Complete your deferral registration. But I did already. [Emzee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Emzee wrote:
I think the first one we all did originally was simply choosing our deferral option. This one is actually registering for what we deferred to. Maybe more complicated than it needs to be, but I do think they are slightly different.

That's correct. This is the actual registration. I'll note that my registration for Musselman was costless EXCEPT I had to extend my USAT membership, i.e., I got zero value out of my 2020 membership but still had to pay for 2021.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah as has been hinted at, you certainly did not complete your deferral registration months ago. All you did then was tell them which race you wanted to defer to. This is the link to complete the actual registration - definitely dont disregard!

Me: https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...ever-comes-next.html

Latest: Colorectal Cancer is in the News Again. Don't Blame Red Meat
https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...news-again-dont.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you receive multiple complete your registration emails for different races? I received one from my original race (for next year) after fully completing the registration for a different race that I transferred that entry to. The most recent one for the original race was sent in error.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got one for 70.3 Worlds for 2021, and I believe I already had completed the registration. I had already paid for NZ so the first time I didn't have to pay anything, but I had to pay the $15 USAT fee the second time.

What I think happened is that if you needed to purchase a USAT 1 day licence, then you needed to go through the registration process a second time, just so they can get you to pay the $15. I could have sworn though that I paid for whatever NZ's equivalent would be...
Quote Reply
Re: Email from IM today: Complete your deferral registration. But I did already. [Birdmantris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Birdmantris wrote:
Yeah as has been hinted at, you certainly did not complete your deferral registration months ago. All you did then was tell them which race you wanted to defer to. This is the link to complete the actual registration - definitely dont disregard!
But I did. Entered my info and emergency contact and tshirt size the whole works, on active.com. After I already chose to defer. And yeah this was a while ago.

I will follow the link they sent yesterday just in case. Doubt it will hurt.
Quote Reply
Re: Email from IM today: Complete your deferral registration. But I did already. [BlackStumpGumby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes got stung on the USAT cash grab with my 2021 Musselman deferral...…..not sure what USAT did with my 2020 coin I sent in. MFers' lol. Question on IMMT 70.3 deferral into 2021...…..I got two separate and distinct e-mails stating time to address my IMMT 70.3 deferral into 2021. I opened the first and saw it was Aug 22, 2021 and was excited that they moved it as more time to train. So I did the deferral and completed it sans the USAT cash grab BS. Cool 22nd of August! The other e-mail was exact same but stated race was June 27, 2021......so is Ironman running two 70.3's in Tremblant in 2021, one in June and one in Aug??
Quote Reply
Re: Email from IM today: Complete your deferral registration. But I did already. [Trihumor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
same thing for eagleman. need to pay again for USAT. its not a lot of money, but very annoying they rip us off like that
Quote Reply
Re: Email from IM today: Complete your deferral registration. But I did already. [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
I got one for 70.3 Worlds for 2021, and I believe I already had completed the registration. I had already paid for NZ so the first time I didn't have to pay anything, but I had to pay the $15 USAT fee the second time.

What I think happened is that if you needed to purchase a USAT 1 day licence, then you needed to go through the registration process a second time, just so they can get you to pay the $15. I could have sworn though that I paid for whatever NZ's equivalent would be...

That makes no sense because USAT has nothing to do with a race in New Zealand.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Email from IM today: Complete your deferral registration. But I did already. [Trihumor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I assume that's a mess-up on their part. The full Ironman is on the 22nd of August, 1/2 is still in June. Just did my deferral for the full yesterday.

Quote | Reply
I don't race a whole lot in the US, so I always buy the 1 day when I race there. Bought it for Chatt 70.3 2020. Did my deferral for 2021 and had to pay again. So...I went back on got my one day license code for 2020 and sent it to USAT. Just asked if they intend to refund the 2020 permit, or the new 2021 permit. They can choose. Anyway, no reply as of yet.

Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
timbasile wrote:

That makes no sense because USAT has nothing to do with a race in New Zealand.

Obviously, the licence itself wouldn't transfer over. Though Active would have taken $15 (or thereabouts) for whatever the NZ equivalent of USAT would be. The licence wouldn't transfer over, but the amount I paid should logically transfer, as I'm no longer racing on that date in NZ.
Quote Reply