Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kestrel Talon Help!
Quote | Reply
Hello everyone, new here. We just got my wife a Kestrel Talon a few weeks ago and she loves it. Unfortunately some jerk decided to steal her seat the other day and for some reason they took the mounting hardware with it. It has the aero seat post and I’m having a terribly hard time finding either replacement mounting hardware, a full new aero seatpost, or the wedge that allows for use of a regular round seatpost.

Can anyone help?
Quote Reply
Re: Kestrel Talon Help! [Sethhollender] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If i am not mistaken, Kestrel is part of the Fuji Bike group. Kestrel hasnt been in production for quite some time now. You may want to contact Fuji Bike and see if they still have any Kestrel parts in their warehouse? Worth a try??
Quote Reply
Re: Kestrel Talon Help! [GHY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes you are correct, they are part of the Fuji group and they are still producing new bikes under the Kestrel name.

This is a good suggestion and I have already contacted Kestrel via their website and got a response but have not yet been given any option for the correct replacement parts or a wedge adapter. They linked me to new seat clamp hardware that would fit but I'm also missing the slider part that the seat clamps attach on top of the seatpost and as of yet Kestrel has not told me if it's possible to purchase this specific piece either from them or elsewhere. I'm hoping to hear further from Kestrel but I'm looking at any other possible options in the meantime in case they are not able to provide any further help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sethhollender wrote:
Hello everyone, new here. We just got my wife a Kestrel Talon a few weeks ago and she loves it. Unfortunately some jerk decided to steal her seat the other day and for some reason they took the mounting hardware with it. It has the aero seat post and I’m having a terribly hard time finding either replacement mounting hardware, a full new aero seatpost, or the wedge that allows for use of a regular round seatpost.

Can anyone help?

i have a number of aero seatposts. but it's a real crap shoot what might exactly work. what you might do, if you can figure out a way, is to draw a template of the post. if you can, maybe, hold up a piece of paper to the seat tube terminus, and carefully draw either the ID or the OD of the hole, scan it, and attach the file, i'll see if something i have matches what you need. if i can find a match, pay the freight and it's yours.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Kestrel Talon Help! [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well how about this for now:

I used a Vernier caliper to measure this and I haven't used one before so I'm not 100% confident of my 50mm measurement but it should be close. The 27.2mm I'm pretty sure of as I found that measurement from Kestrel specs somewhere and verified with my caliper.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seth,

Call and ask for Jeff in Technical Department @ BikeCo (Fuji)

He should be able to assist you.

If not, I may be able to get my hands on what you need.

Note, I designed that bike. BikeCo isn't making Kestrel any more. Was trying to get it going again but no luck!

Steven Harad
Quote Reply
Re: Kestrel Talon Help! [Steven Harad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got a reply from Kestrel via their contact us link and they are sending me a replacement bracket! Thanks to those of you who offered help, looks like I should be all set.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hate to necro an hold thread, but I have almost the exact same issue! WOndering if anybody has any advice on how to obtain parts for a 2009 Kestrel Talon?? In particular, the collar that holds in the seatpost, that you tighten with the screw from the rear....
Quote Reply