Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hed Jet Damaged Fairing
Quote | Reply
Took a spill this morning on my road bike...

went over my bars, and caught my foot in the spokes /against the fairing of my Hed Jet 4s. The fairing is split on both sides, and slightly deformed . What would folks do? Is any hope to repair? or just go buy a new wheel?
Quote Reply
Re: Hed Jet Damaged Fairing [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would first called HED and ask about the price for a new wheel under the crash replacement policy.
Quote Reply
Re: Hed Jet Damaged Fairing [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
im not the original owner, so i think they dont support anything at that point
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Jet 4 fairing is only cosmetic. Structural repair is probably not an option, but could you simply use some 2" wide electrical tape to do a cosmetic repair?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only "repair" would be tape. I might be more worried about the rest of the wheel, not the skin. Is it still true?
Crash replacement is for original purchasers only, it does not extend to secondhand wheels.

Andy Tetmeyer (I work at HED)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dcohen24 wrote:
im not the original owner, so i think they dont support anything at that point

I would still contact them and see what they say. I've dealt with them before and they replaced a HED hub 11s conversation kit for free for me that I bought off of eBay (supposedly never used, free hub body had no marks, but it wouldn't spin very well once I installed it on my JET wheel). Guy I worked with couldn't find anything wrong but sent me a different brand new one from stock instead. That one spun up smooth as can be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I found a crack in one of my fairings back in 2014 or so. No idea where it came from, having never wrecked on it. Rather than deal with a crash replacement I coated it with some two part epoxy. I'm not a high mileage guy, but it's been holding ever since without issue. I used a fairly viscous epoxy and smoothed it out with a ziplock bag. Not sure how bad your crack is, but you might have similar luck.

Support cancer research with the world's longest annual charity bike ride.
Texas 4000 for Cancer
Austin, TX to Anchorage, Alaska
http://texas4000.org/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HED replaced a fairing on a jet 6+ for me last month for ~$250 out the door. Never asked for proof of purchase or if I was the original owner. Super company.
Quote Reply