Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Vasectomy Metal Clip Concerns
Quote | Reply
I’ve been working up the courage for this procedure the last two years and now there are no more excuses with no racing due to covid. The Dr. uses a titanium clip to clamp the vas and it stays on there permanently. Should I be worried about this metal clip floating around in there when I ride hours on end with pressure on that area? I keep thinking about rotating forward on top of a medal clip and feeling it on my insides. I still ride with a long nose saddle on my tri bike. Is this a concern? Should I ask for him to suture the vas instead of a metal clip or are my concerns not warranted?
Last edited by: Jimbotri: Sep 21, 20 12:48
Quote Reply
Re: Vasectomy Metal Clip Concerns [Jimbotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had clips and sutures (Dr. wanted to be double sure) about 30 years ago. Never had an issue and I have a long nose on my road bike. I have downward tilt on it but that not because I feel pain from the clips.

When it's all healed you should never feel anything at anytime doing any activity from the procedure.

Not a coach. Not a FOP Tri/swimmer/biker/runner. Barely a MOP AGer.
But I'm learning and making progress.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Each titanium clip will reduce your FTP 7.3 watts in the aero position. Less so on the base bars, probably 2.7-3.2 watts. Per clip. Find out how many clips the doc is using.

I'd recommend the carbon clips as the FTP hit is about 43% lower.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never thought about it, never had any problems. Been clipped for 7 years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You will always be able to feel them (with your hand)..........It might be kina weird. Doubtful that you would feel them on a bike though. When they are sutured its easy to cut part of the vas out, create a gap, and then suture. The odds of them growing back is extremely small (but possible) with any method. Recovery time is the same. About 3 days. Personally I would go the suture rout.
Quote Reply
Re: Vasectomy Metal Clip Concerns [Runorama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runorama wrote:
Never thought about it, never had any problems. Been clipped for 7 years.

Same here, going on 10 years, they are there but never notice them at all.
Quote Reply
Re: Vasectomy Metal Clip Concerns [fishgo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fishgo wrote:
Each titanium clip will reduce your FTP 7.3 watts in the aero position. Less so on the base bars, probably 2.7-3.2 watts. Per clip. Find out how many clips the doc is using.

I'd recommend the carbon clips as the FTP hit is about 43% lower.

Are you taking into account shaft length? That may matter when cranking...
Quote Reply