Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Sept. 21 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Sept. 21 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a good week of training. I feel more settled mental-health wise today, but last week was an emotional roller coaster. (I suspect we're all doing ride after ride of this roller coaster, we're just all in different cars).

I swam 4x but not a ton of yards - the training log is down but I think I had an 1100m, 1500m, 2800m, and some other short (like 1k) swim
I rode 3 x (40 mi, 30 mi, 65 mi)
I ran 5x (44-point-something miles total)

goals this week: physical and mental health!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Sept. 21 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey!!!! Oof, sorry I'm late and no one else has checked in. I think it's that roller coaster. Glad you were doing better yesterday.

I'm fine. I had the week completely off from training after my A race last week. At first I was like "Woo hoo," and then I learned real well how much my own mental health benefits from all this working out. I started losing it, and all I could do was think creatively about non-workouts, which led to cleaning. Lots of cleaning. My whole house got scrubbed last week. And my car. And I did lots of gardening. It wasn't a normal week.

This week, I'm easing back into things. I have a walk, two runs, and two bikes. I also am getting back into the pool post- COVID closings tomorrow. Am super excited about it, but also oddly anxious about what it'll be like. I've only swam once since last March. Swimming is my only strong discipline in triathlon. I'm not worried about losing fitness, just wondering what it'll feel like.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Sept. 21 Edition [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hey!!!! Oof, sorry I'm late and no one else has checked in. I think it's that roller coaster.

I think things are just sort of crazy for everyone. I'm happy to just keep posting the thread for some sense of normalcy and we'll see people when we see them. :-) much love to everyone

Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Sept. 21 Edition [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I've only swam once since last March. Swimming is my only strong discipline in triathlon. I'm not worried about losing fitness, just wondering what it'll feel like.

Get excited. My first lap after losing pool access for a month was the dreamiest, most delicious, felt new and familiar and wonderful. I didn't want to lift my face out of the water to breathe. I just wanted to stay under in the nice cold silky wet.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
I think things are just sort of crazy for everyone. I'm happy to just keep posting the thread for some sense of normalcy and we'll see people when we see them. :-) much love to everyone
I appreciate it. I get over here when I can. I'm still SBRing when I can, trying to maintain some semblance of normalcy and my mental health.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply