Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Bike Upgrade, Change Size? [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I'm still working through a load of possibilities (most likely totally over thinking this) but looking for your thoughts again. I'm discussing the same with the my fitter but always looking to make sure I've got some good checks and balances.

Baseline

measured to back of pad, using 85mm pads during test

- Looking at the Tririg fit it would seem the stack is no issue and towards the top of the reach (see attached PDF). I've inquired with them that if I use their scoops product (perhaps longer pad) if that might offer additional adjustments

As for vision

pad reach of 474 is easily accomplished with the Trimax and separate stem and then figure out my own way of making that set-up aero with the few cables that might present. fun with 3d printer, etc etc!!

OR

using the Metron integrated, math ensues...

the pad reach is 474 (to back of pad) (using a 85mm pad its 516.5 to center)
bike reach (405) + effective stem length (90) is 495. The vision chart shows center of base bar adjustment of -9mm (33.5 to center) all the way forward (ie 85mm/2= 42.5, then -9+42.5 = 33.5). 495 + 33.5 is 528.5mm which is in excess of 516.5 which would allow the position to work (and some room to spare)?

It would then seem both the tri-rig and vision would work. I could also look into using a 'longer' pad that might help with that situation as well.

The reason I am keen to push this is that I can obtain the vision bar at close to 60% of the cost of the tri-rig and retain an 'integrated' front end vs the trimax bar/stem. I'm just trying to make sure I'm looking at these numbers correctly and non misunderstanding my review of the parts.

2024: IM Hamburg
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Upgrade, Change Size? [xcrogers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I apologize for not getting more into the details, but I'll just say if the math works, then it works.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply

Prev Next