Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Texas 2020 Cancelled
Quote | Reply
All registered athletes of the 2020 IRONMAN Texas triathlon will have their race registration automatically deferred to the 2021 race date, but we have also provided a variety of additional race options. All options are listed below.

1. Free deferral to 2021 IRONMAN Texas: April 24, 2021

2. Free deferral to 2021 Certified Piedmontese IRONMAN Tulsa: May 23, 2021

3. Free deferral to 2021 ViewSPORT IRONMAN Lake Placid: July 25, 2021*

4. Free deferral to 2021 Select Blinds IRONMAN Maryland: September 18, 2021

5. Free deferral to 2021 Little Debbie IRONMAN Chattanooga Presented by McKee, A Family Bakery: September 26, 2021

6. Free deferral to 2021 IRONMAN California: October 24, 2021

* Limited availability
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2020 Cancelled [bphaedrus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not surprised, and at least the city/health/IM officials gave us ~1 month notice.

Here's to hoping we are in a state where we can race IMTX in The Woodlands in April 2021. I'll be there if we can.
Last edited by: RangersBouncy: Sep 18, 20 12:33
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2020 Cancelled [RangersBouncy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RangersBouncy wrote:
Not surprised, and at least the city/health/IM officials gave us ~1 month notice.

Here's to hoping we are in a state where we can race IMTX in The Woodlands in April 2021. I'll be there if we can.

ditto. im kinda halfway shooting for '21 texas but im not counting on it.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2020 Cancelled [RangersBouncy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RangersBouncy wrote:

I hope that April 2021 Ironman Texas occurs. Mainly due to my selfish concerns that the 2022 race is not filled with deferrals before open registration begins. I’m targeting that race as my first race as a 50 year old. Pending of course that the pandemic is under control by then...
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2020 Cancelled [bphaedrus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is anyone choosing California? Why?

The only options that work for me would be Texas '21 or California.

I like the logistics of Texas (I originally signed up for Louisville which I could drive to) but am concerned about getting training volume over the winter here in Ohio, and the status of COVID around that time. The date of California works, but the lack of course information makes it hard for me to evaluate the race day logistics (I would likely be going alone).
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2020 Cancelled [Ozzie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You guys think there will be open spots for 2021?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2020 Cancelled [SydNYC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes almost definitely. My confidence is high because I've received registration emails from almost all ironman registrations so far that are currently open. Even IM Penticton still has slots available and it sold out for 2020 in seconds (if not before registration even opened).

Now there may not be many spots available so it may sell out during pre-registration but there still should be slots available.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2020 Cancelled [FuzzyRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fingers crossed! Want to do an early season race but don't want to do Tulsa :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you get emails for priority registration? I would definitely take advantage of that if possible.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2020 Cancelled [FuzzyRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FuzzyRunner wrote:
Do you get emails for priority registration? I would definitely take advantage of that if possible.

If you don't, just add some random tri-club in your profile and you'll start to get the tri-club early registration.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2020 Cancelled [Rideon77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just subscribed. thanks folks!
Quote Reply