Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ineos, Swisside & Princeton Carbon Works
Quote | Reply
I have noticed something interesting recently. OK it is probably only interesting to a bike tech sado like me! A number of Ineos riders have recently been rocking Princeton wheels in TT's. I wonder if they came onto the teams radar through Cam Wurf who has had some great success on them?

To me the interesting point is that Swiss Side provided Ineos with Aero consultancy and JP Ballard has previously noted an aero cost to the use of tubercles on rims having previously tried them in both F1 design and for wheels:
https://www.cyclingweekly.com/...ate-more-drag-302735

Is the the wave pattern on the Princetons subtle enough not to cause this loss? Does the Swiss Side consultantcy not include equipment testing? Obviously Cam goes fast enough on them so would guess they are decent and with more world tour TT's featuring climbs their wieght is helpful too, though they were used in the winning TT ride at the Tirreno Adriatico which was flat and fast.

Generally tech savey teams the use some non sponsored equipment can be a useful source of what works. Recently at the Euro TT Alex Dowsett was free to ride what equipment he likes as his contract allows him equipment choices when racing for his country. He ran an unbaged Shiv TT disc with what looks like Aerocoach extensions, a Roval rear disk and the same Revolver Tri spoke Joe Gambles rocks. Evidently his equipment choices have been part if some work with British cycling to find the fastest setup. This version of Revolvers disc has an interesting hub arrangement which is meant to help reduce some of the disc brake aero penalties. They seem to be shipping a few unbadge versions recently so I expect to see a few at Imola or in the Giro.
Last edited by: boing: Sep 23, 20 12:59
Quote Reply
Re: Ineos, Swisside & Princeton Carbon Works [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting. Subscribed. Thanks.

"We don't inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." --Chief Seattle
Quote Reply