Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Di2 Use after front deraillieur stops...
Quote | Reply
Sorry if this has been asked before, did a search to no avail....

My Di2 Stopped shifting on the front today about 20 miles from end of route. However, I'm still ~50 miles from home/my charger (to do tomorrow...)

Any idea if there is enough juice to get me home on the 1x11 set up (more than enough gears for me to plod home...)

(no LBS near - there is one 25 miles away - but that would be a detour I'd prefer not to make....)
Last edited by: plumber250: Sep 17, 20 13:48
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 Use after front deraillieur stops... [plumber250] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'd pick a good gear pretty early on in your ride. it won't last too long.
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 Use after front deraillieur stops... [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree, the charge level falls off a cliff once the FD stops working. Every shift is precious at that point. Try not to shift.

Quote | Reply
OK thanks,

did a detailed route check - have 2 hills in first 10 miles, then mostly flat.

So will start off in easy gear, get over the 2 hills, hope for enough juice for a change to get into a rolling gear and take it from there.
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 Use after front deraillieur stops... [plumber250] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you have about 100 shifts left when the FD quits. Every time you shift into a really extreme gear on either side of your cassette, remember, you're risking picking that gear as the gear you ride the rest of the way home. When this has happened to me (multiple occasions!) I try to keep it out of the 2 or 3 most extreme gears on either side of the cassette. Saves your remaining shifts that way too.

Once you lose all shifting ability, use your watts wisely so that you've got the legs to hammer any climbs if you need to. Tuck & coast often!

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
📱 Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply