Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

When's the Canyon Speedmax disc coming?
Quote | Reply
Now that Scott has launched the Plasma disc I guess Canyon is the only major player left without a disc offering on their tri-bike lineup. Has to be coming soon right? Any rumblings or rumors?
Quote Reply
Re: When's the Canyon Speedmax disc coming? [crujones#33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trek haven't bitten the bullet yet, I don't think.
But I agree its just a matter of time.

I know folks holding off purchases until they do. Without getting into the disc vs rim debates, they don't want to buy into obsolescence- and like it or not, rim brakes are old school. Just like 8 or 9 speed, or 10 speed di2, or 9mm QR axles etc.
And the resale value will start to reflect it.
Quote Reply
Re: When's the Canyon Speedmax disc coming? [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's right, how could I forget about Trek. Good call.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don‘t think that you have to wait too long.
On the Canyon homepage last week appears a hanger for a new model called
"speedmax cf disc tri"
You can find it via Google, but it‘s deleted now on the main page.
Normaly they are releasing their bikes in October around the ironman in Hawaii.

Greets from Germany
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the 20% reduction on all models of speedmax, which is much more of a discount than usual for Canyon, is also an indication they are making space for a new model.

A few days after DT Swiss released their new Arc wheels, I saw zwift had put a training buddy on a disc brake speedmax with the new wheels. I thought this was either zwift having fun or a bit of a marketing strategy. I've heard if you watch the Canyon video on their CFR carbon, Jan is riding a disc speedmax, but I haven't been able to see it myself.

They did a poll earlier in the year seeking public opinion as to whether people wanted disc braking or not on the speedmax, and I suspect the overwhelming majority probably said yes. Hopefully it's a complete roll out across both models to meet all price points, as I think there's much more of a market for discs at the lower to mid end.
Quote Reply