Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Road Bike Stack/Reach Help
Quote | Reply
It's about time to trade in my trusty 2012 Orbea Orca.

New Bike Requirements:
  • Disc brakes
  • di2 compatible
  • Can take up to 30mm (true measurement) tires
  • Fast AF but won't beat me to death like the Orca

My current fit is solid, comfy, and powerful so that's what I'm using as my baseline.

It looks like the Trek H1.5 fit (Madones and Emondas) can get me in an almost identical position except when I plug in the numbers for Trek's more aero stem/bars like the Madone SLR handlebar (93mm reach, 123mm drop). My current Fizik bars are 85mm reach, 135mm drop.

I've attached the comparison below to get your thoughts. I'm also game to looking at other brands that don't require anything crazy like 80mm of stem spacers, etc. I'd also like your feedback on if I need to be looking at the numbers differently or including any additional numbers that are not currently here.

As a side note, the Cannondale Synapse numbers look dead on with my current numbers. However, I view the Cannondale as slow and sluggish. Convince me otherwise. The endurance geometry, with taller stack, actually provides a better fit for me but I still like a quick handling and fast bike.

Quote Reply
Re: New Road Bike Stack/Reach Help [gfzyriek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gfzyriek wrote:
However, I view the Cannondale as slow and sluggish. Convince me otherwise. The endurance geometry, with taller stack, actually provides a better fit for me but I still like a quick handling and fast bike.
Why do you think that a high stack will make a bicycle feel sluggish or slow it down?
Quote Reply
Re: New Road Bike Stack/Reach Help [HTupolev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The stack/reach won’t impact performance.

I’m looking at the slacker head tube and thinner chain stays that are built more for more comfort.

But I don’t have any experience on this bike. I would love to hear from people who ride them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why would you buy a new bike that requires 40mm of spacers?
Quote Reply
Re: New Road Bike Stack/Reach Help [bootsie_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bootsie_cat wrote:
Why would you buy a new bike that requires 40mm of spacers?

I need a tall/narrow bike and most race bikes lean towards low/long. I guess I'm built like a T-Rex.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems like you would want a taller stack bike? The Trek 1.5 is a decently low stack bike.
But they run small so in may cases a rider can size up to the next larger size.
I noticed that you had a 120mm stem on your fit sheet. The 62 cm frame only has .4 longer reach but has almost 2cm more stack.
I went through this exercise with a new Emonda- I decided that a 56cm would work better for me than a 54cm. I was correct. The 56cm is perfect.
Quote Reply