Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Boston Mountain Biking?
Quote | Reply
I am visiting family in Stoneham this weekend and was thinking about bringing my mountain bike for a ride Saturday morning. I am aware of Vietnam in Milford, but that is a 45 minute drive and would cut into my time. Does anyone have any recommendations? I typically prefer technical riding, rock rollers, skinnys, etc as opposed to XC type stuff. Middlesex Fells looks to be 10 minutes away from where I am staying- is this worth the trip?

thanks in advance

Eric

"It never gets easier, you just go faster."
-Greg LeMond

Quote Reply
Re: Boston Mountain Biking? [gluestick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live right next to the Middlesex Fells, there are always tons of mountain bikers in the woods there as some trails are more rugged than others. I usually see them parking at Marjam office building at 93/Park St exit and entering there; there’s a tough trail from there that eventually goes up to the tower and provides a great view of the city. People also park at Flynn Rink or the Sheepsfold to enter there also.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Boston Mountain Biking? [gluestick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Fells is good riding and probably the easiest option from Stoneham. Lynn Woods is suuposed to be very technical and rocky but I've never ridden there so I can't comment personally.
Quote Reply
Re: Boston Mountain Biking? [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dgconner154 wrote:
The Fells is good riding and probably the easiest option from Stoneham. Lynn Woods is suuposed to be very technical and rocky but I've never ridden there so I can't comment personally.

I just googled it- Lynn Woods seems to be just what I am looking for. Thanks!

"It never gets easier, you just go faster."
-Greg LeMond

Quote Reply