Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Nike Air Zoom Tempo NEXT%
Quote | Reply
https://www.nike.com/t/air-zoom-tempo-next-mens-running-shoe-Jp0gJk/CI9923-002

I'm sorry, did you just say $200 for an everyday trainer?

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Air Zoom Tempo NEXT% [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
https://www.nike.com/t/air-zoom-tempo-next-mens-running-shoe-Jp0gJk/CI9923-002

I'm sorry, did you just say $200 for an everyday trainer?

I don't understand what makes you think that's out of line in today's shoe context.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Air Zoom Tempo NEXT% [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For a racing shoe, yes, I'll pay that easily (and did bag a pair of alphaflys). But this is for an everyday trainer. I run on the structure which is 120, as is the pegasus, an every day option for many. Hoka arahi, my other option is 130. I guess I am just confused why an "every day trainer" needs to be 200.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
For a racing shoe, yes, I'll pay that easily (and did bag a pair of alphaflys). But this is for an everyday trainer. I run on the structure which is 120, as is the pegasus, an every day option for many. Hoka arahi, my other option is 130. I guess I am just confused why an "every day trainer" needs to be 200.

It doesn’t need to be $200, but it is because people will pay that.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which is a more valuable shoe, one you use everyday or one you use a few times a year?
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Air Zoom Tempo NEXT% [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To me, the one I use a few times a year. Perhaps I am in the minority?

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think there's a right answer, just asking the question.

Hard to say for myself. If you don't have good training, that few times a year use isn't gonna matter!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From the reviews I've seen of the shoe, it's a complete disaster. Trying to combine too many things in one shoe.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Air Zoom Tempo NEXT% [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The intent of the shoe isn’t really to be an every day trainer. It’s a tempo and fartlek shoe.

I wouldn’t necessarily buy it because I like shoes with more ground contact feel for faster paces but it certainly has its market for people who race in vaporfly, just as the peg turbos did before they were discontinued for this shoe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw these are back in stock again.

I can easily afford $200 for running shoes since I don't use a million pairs but still curious as to whether the word is out as to whether these are just another pricey everyday training shoe, or if they would actually give performance boosts in line with what prior and even current Alphaflys were giving (4%ish) as a racing shoe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
200 for an everyday trainer is a bit pricey, but I would argue that the everyday trainer is more valuable. I really like this shoe. I've been running in it for about a month now and feel that there is decent energy return and my legs aren't trashed after some of my harder runs. All around, in the current market, I would say they are worth it. I was going to start a thread a few days ago to see if anyone else loved them as well. To each their own, I suppose.

Team Zoot
2019 Sponsors: Canyon Bikes, Garmin, Smith Optics, Gatorade, Zealios Skin Care & Sun Protection, Speedfill Products, Base Performance, Ottolock, Theragun, Boco Gear, ORR Carbon Wheel Systems, Giddy Up Multisport
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Air Zoom Tempo NEXT% [rsmoylan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been running in them just a few times but I like them as well.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had my first run in these today and here are my initial thoughts (note: I only ran a few K's to get a feeling for them, plus I have been injured and am just getting back into it)
a. the first thing I noticed that the heel slipped a lot, I will try a runners knot in my next run
b. when walking they are really unstable and when I was running at first it felt like my footing was unstable
c. the grip could be improved we had some light rain and I felt that it was really slippery
d. they are really noisy, I was running with headphones and I heard this loud clop-clop like a horse

Now for what I like about them:
a. they are quite soft (I know I said they were unstable but I would appreciate the softness on a long run)
b. its very easy to run straight and tall and if you are a forefoot or mid foot runner you would probably like them
c. the air pods give you a lot of spring (lets see how that lasts)
d. the structure of the shoe is quite good (its airy and you would think its fragile but it doesn't seem that way)

I will keep them in my rotation and see how they hold up over the next few months,.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply