Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2021 thought - IMLP 2021 info from IMSR 2020 Deferral Options [screenshot]
Quote | Reply
Hello,

I think this screenshot below may hint at what's to come for 2021 IM races.

I took this screenshot from my laptop on 9/10/20 from my personal IMSR 2020 deferral options. IMLP was one of 7 deferral options, and interestingly is listed as "Sold Out". I wasn't able to select it as my deferral choice. This likely just means that there are no more deferral slots from IMSR 2020 allowed for IMLP 2021.

NOTE: This is not meant to incite panic. To my knowledge Lake Placid is not sold out, I mean hell they haven't even released regular registration for it yet. I have no inside knowledge.

I only post this as it may provide an interesting insight to 2021 IM Races. I think the collective athletes' thought was that 2021 was going to be a competitive registration year due to (1) race deferrals from same race 2020 to 2021, and (2) guys like me deferring from race A 2020 to more-popular race B 2021 via deferral options.

I think we'll start seeing that idea come true in the form of very popular races being sold out very early in registration.

Any thoughts?

Also hello to the community, thank you for sharing wisdom over the years.

JW
Quote Reply
Re: 2021 thought - IMLP 2021 info from IMSR 2020 Deferral Options [jwjustinwatkins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Darn, I was hoping to register for Lake Placid. I don't have a deferral as I was not signed up for an IM this year. Thanks for passing on what you know and I agree 2021 IM races are going to go fast I bet.

Today I do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.
Quote Reply
Re: 2021 thought - IMLP 2021 info from IMSR 2020 Deferral Options [jwjustinwatkins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So strangely enough I was able to register, let's hope the race actually happens!

Today I do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.
Quote Reply