Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Pogacar's record breaking Peyresourde climb 24 min, 450W, @6.5W per kilo [shammad10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought the rule of thumb is rougly 5% reduction in output each time you double the duration. So 7-15-30-60 min should be 15% reduction. 85% of 7.3W per kilo is 6.2W per kilo for an hour. Do I have this math right.

I'm not saying its unreasonable to think all the riders are juiced to the limit of the bio passport and getting away with what they can. But its not like Ineos are choir boys, so sorry, no sympathy.

The tour de France may be the fastest in years with a combo of a 4 month juicing holiday during lockdown when no one could test whereabouts and random tests along with riders being more fresh coming into this. Look at Valverde in his 40's in the top 15. He said he was going to take it easy during lockdown because the season would go really late and did not want to burn out. He is in the top 15 only 6 minutes behind. This should be great training for him for Worlds and Vuelta (I assume that is his plan as the Imola course is not that indifferent from Innsbruck in total elevation)
Quote Reply
Re: Pogacar's record breaking Peyresourde climb 24 min, 450W, @6.5W per kilo [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah apparently Pogacar's FTP is 6.11w/kg (403w)

I think what we have to remember is that these efforts are being made at the end of a 170km stage with 4400m of climbing, halfway through the Tour!!

Here is a great article I read the other day about his power data up the Peyresourde

https://cyclingtips.com/...new-climbing-record/
Quote Reply
Re: Pogacar's record breaking Peyresourde climb 24 min, 450W, @6.5W per kilo [shammad10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shammad10 wrote:
Yeah apparently Pogacar's FTP is 6.11w/kg (403w)

I think what we have to remember is that these efforts are being made at the end of a 170km stage with 4400m of climbing, halfway through the Tour!!

Here is a great article I read the other day about his power data up the Peyresourde

https://cyclingtips.com/...new-climbing-record/

Assuming Strava max speed is correct... 66.7mph. That is FAST!
Quote Reply

Prev Next