Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lap feature in Zwift [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally agree! If I'm doing a VO2 max session, I want to do it all on my own, not on Erg mode, and I want to know my avg power per interval/lap in real time, not after. If you do this during a workout, it will show you if you hit the avg after the fact, not give you an accurate number in real time. TrainerRoad has this feature, I don't know why Zwift can't manage it. This is my biggest gripe with Zwift!
Quote Reply
Re: Lap feature in Zwift [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I definitely would love the lap mode, especially if that is the specific data that I will upload to TrainingPeaks. When you do an ERG workout within the interface, does the output file have the splits on it? I do not ever recall and honestly just go off my bike computer and adjust for the terrain most times.

One issue I could see with Zwift having to do this is that the data would need to be temporarily stored (or a more permanent space) to a temp table. My gut tells me that Zwift does not want to get into the business being a data repository of sorts. I

IG: NCGregory8778
Quote Reply
Re: Lap feature in Zwift [lyla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would love a "CHRONO" button when free riding:

... when you press this chrono a extra screen would be display (as in workout mode), displaying avg power/NP / HR....

You would press LAP button,

and STOP to finish the chrono mode.

Of course, (start/stop would not lead to start/finish a new fit file, but only to introduce laps).

and what about IF?

what about not needing to re-start the sw to change of route?
Quote Reply
Re: Lap feature in Zwift [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zwift doesn’t care. I also read somewhere that they scrapped the new UI that was supposedly ready in the spring so don’t expect anything useful like this to come around any time soon.
Last edited by: Ohio_Roadie: Sep 18, 20 13:29
Quote Reply
Re: Lap feature in Zwift [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$450m and they are congratulating themselves on becoming a unicorn rather than implementing long-requested improvements. Looking more like Strava. T
Quote Reply
Re: Lap feature in Zwift [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ohio_Roadie wrote:
Zwift doesn’t care. I also read somewhere that they scrapped the new UI that was supposedly ready in the spring so don’t expect anything useful like this to come around any time soon.

To be fair, they claim they scrapped it because with their rapid growth the new UI they were building wasn't actually good enough for what they really needed, not because they don't care. Reading between the lines, I think basically they are starting over with a more extensive rebuild.

I'm no expert on this stuff but I gather that Zwift is a hobby project that blew up and the technology underlying it is really holding them back and a good part of the reason some of these obvious fixes haven't been implemented.

At this point, with $450M in the bank, expectations are now very high and if they don't eventually fix the UI problems and bugginess there's going to be a lot of dissatisfaction. But even with the various issues, Zwift has critical mass and a huge community, and that fact alone means they will probably be the dominant player in the virtual cycling world for the foreseeable future.

As for metrics, we use our regular bike computers with Zwift, which allows display of power metrics and so forth, but for that to be useful you need a power meter on your bike that you're using as the power source, and a speed sensor if you're using a wheel-on trainer. And of course the speed sensor doesn't work with direct drive trainers, but personally I don't care about virtual speed, I only care about the power. You also lose the virtual elevation data which is helpful when viewing your ride file.

Really what Zwift needs is a heads up display that you can customize similar to a bike computer and of course a lap button would be a no brainer. Hopefully that will eventually be coming as I think a lot of us care about things like that more than virtual pro racing, etc.
Quote Reply

Prev Next