Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Separate bike & run HR zones with Strava updates?
Quote | Reply
One of my biggest complaints with Strava has been not having separate HR zones set up for bike and run. I've heard in the past only pros could, heard it was possible but could never figure it out. With all the updates their doing, has this been made possible?

I like some of the new features under the paid version that go deeper into your numbers with the fitness tracking, etc, but it is pointless without proper HR data and.
Quote Reply
Re: Separate bike & run HR zones with Strava updates? [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree that I wish they had HR for both run and ride. I think they focus on power and assume everyone riding has a power meter. My feeds come from Garmin Connect, so that's where I look at the ride data (it has HR for riding separated from running).

Not a coach. Not a FOP Tri/swimmer/biker/runner. Barely a MOP AGer.
But I'm learning and making progress.
Quote Reply
Re: Separate bike & run HR zones with Strava updates? [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh I always thought it was just me.
It has always frustrated me that a fairly hard run nets very little fitness unless you go really long, and a fairly easy long ride did.
Has anyone solved, or found manual work around, maybe just always go in and overwrite the HR on runs, to increase the Fitness impact.
Quote Reply
Re: Separate bike & run HR zones with Strava updates? [CJAC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is the recommended app for this if not Strava? Is it any different in the paid version of Strava.
Just a 47 year old guy trying to track my fitness and avoid overtraining to badly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CJAC wrote:
What is the recommended app for this if not Strava? Is it any different in the paid version of Strava.
Just a 47 year old guy trying to track my fitness and avoid overtraining to badly.

I pay for Strava, mainly for segments as they give a pretty decent indication on how I’m riding and running.

But from a training standpoint, I think training peaks does a much better job of giving valid training comparisons.

I’ve done hour z2 runs and based on Strava, I didn’t do any work. They weight their scoring heavily to intensity, and that may work for cycling but it’s not really the way to go for running.
Quote Reply
Re: Separate bike & run HR zones with Strava updates? [Grantbot21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting, yes that was the root of my issue. I will check out training peaks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So here is an example from this week.

Yesterday I did a 2:20 ride. Easy zone 2 ride the relative effort score was a 54.

I did a 10.5 mile run this morning zone 2 again. And it gave me 128 RE score.

At least using TSS for TrainingPeaks I have an idea of where the number is coming from. This just looks like they make it up.

Training peaks had the ride at 128 TSS and the run at 130 TSS, which are pretty close based on how I feel today and yesterday. The run was definitely not 2.5 times as hard as the bike was.
Quote Reply