Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Miamiman [mjp202] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a friend who has done their Ponte Vedra and Ft Pierce races this year. He was very happy with both events and Game On as an organisation, the Ft Pierce swim venue is on the river side which should be protected from the usual east winds.

"They know f_ck-all over at Slowtwitch"
- Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mjp202 wrote:
cloy wrote:
It's less than two months out from race day and you're still not able to sign up... It's safe to say that it ain't hapenning.

If you're local and you really want a half-iron, look at the Treasure Coast Tri on Nov. 15th.

Anyone have any experience with this race organization? Will be visiting family in that part of Florida in November.

Just did their race a week ago and it was pretty bare bones but it was run well. The course is completely nontechnical and flat. The run was unshaded but there were water stations. I was happy to be racing again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mjp202 wrote:
cloy wrote:
It's less than two months out from race day and you're still not able to sign up... It's safe to say that it ain't hapenning.

If you're local and you really want a half-iron, look at the Treasure Coast Tri on Nov. 15th.

Anyone have any experience with this race organization? Will be visiting family in that part of Florida in November.

The swim is in the river. I've done one race there before and the water is insanely shallow (if it's still set up the same way). That was years ago, though.

The bike/run are pancake flat on A1A. I expect a chance for a PR day at the half-iron distance. I used to like in Port St. Lucie, and would train there frequently when I visit my parents. Super stoked to finally race "at home."

No experience with the race org.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Miamiman [Fuller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all - that's helpful. I think I'll sign up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't call the swim in a river. It's in the intercoastal waterway which is protected (unlike the ocean) but it's salt water that feeds right out to the ocean.

I bike up there on my long rides. Hutchinson Island is one of the best stretches of roads to ride on down here. Very smooth and good size bike lane. Traffic is lighter on the north end of the island. The only downside, there is very minimal shade.

I don't have any experience with the race company but know a few people that have done their events..... I haven't heard any complaints. Like someone else said, its bare bones/grassroots racing.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Miamiman [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like Miami Man officially cancelled. Unlikely we'll get refunds, not even sure if we'll get a deferral.

https://endurance.biz/...mpionships-festival/
Quote Reply
Re: Miamiman [TriGuyRapha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, USAT released that a week ago. They blamed it on COVID when everybody knows it is because Multirace is gone. The comment about athletes getting a separate communication from MultiRace on their deferral/refund process is fantasy. It is doubtful anyone will hear from MultiRace. I thought the entire messaging (and mostly fhe lack of) from USAT was in extremely poor form.
Quote Reply
Re: Miamiman [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
I wouldn't call the swim in a river. It's in the intercoastal waterway which is protected (unlike the ocean) but it's salt water that feeds right out to the ocean.

I bike up there on my long rides. Hutchinson Island is one of the best stretches of roads to ride on down here. Very smooth and good size bike lane. Traffic is lighter on the north end of the island. The only downside, there is very minimal shade.

I don't have any experience with the race company but know a few people that have done their events..... I haven't heard any complaints. Like someone else said, its bare bones/grassroots racing.

The body of water in question is known as the Indian River and everyone on the East Coast calls it "the river" But yes, it's mostly shallow, brackish inter-tidal water and not very river like. Trout and Redfish like it, or did until the fertilizer runoff from the sugar cane fields, citrus groves and truck farms produced some rather famous algae blooms. All in all it's a bit less than ideal from a swim perspective but this particular location is close to the inlet and gets a regular flushing from the ocean. It's probably safe to swim in.

"They know f_ck-all over at Slowtwitch"
- Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply

Prev Next