Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Aug. 31 Edition
Quote | Reply
Tell us about it!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Aug. 31 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been mired in a major funk for the past 5 months and need to bust out of it.

I got to the gym once and rode the trainer twice. Hopefully now with the Tour de France on every day, I'll ride the trainer more.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Aug. 31 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals this week are the same as last. I want to stay in this good mental health place.
You're looking at a woman on day 24 of healthy coping, and it feels great. *bows*

My university town is a COVID hotspot, which is frightening. As of right now we're still doing our in-person thing (with some modifications). It's scary. I hope the upper admins who make the big decisions will come to their senses soon.

last week I
swam 7x (14,825 yds)
biked 2x (3.5 mi errands + 43.5 mi)
ran 6x (44.4 mi)
foam rolled and did my hip exercises and stuff

goals this week:
healthy coping
foam rolling and hip exercises
less running, more cycling

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Everyone, hi, hi, hi,

TC-Wooo hooooo!!!! Day 24? That's amazing. I've been watching the news about your town with some concern. Take care of yourself. Are you able to make your own decisions about teaching? Can you go online if you don't feel safe? My university has got this admirably complex, and also bonkers, free for all thing going on. We can basically mostly make our own decisions. There have been some very public facing maskless, non-social-distancing incidents. But, so far, our positive test rate is less than .5%. I did make the mistake of popping over to the student union for a coffee--Oi, were there a lot of students making bad choices. As a result of bad press, the university is stepping up enforcement. There are mask police around, and we've suspended a bunch of students for violations of COVID rules. In my department, we're having some trouble navigating students who want to be online but didn't fill out the correct forms at the correct time, students who want to be in person, and students who need to take online courses on campus, because of their schedules. That's becoming a problem. We'll see what happens, it's all a big experiment, and it will be until we just move online for the semester. Which is bound to happen at some point, right?

CLM-great job nailing some workouts last week! We're all doing what we can to get through this, and getting in the workouts you mention is like 1000x what most people are able to manage at this point.

I'm doing all right. I have a century ride next weekend (not this coming weekend) and I haven't stuck fully to the plan. My longest ride was the weekend before last. I went 82 miles with about 3600 ft. of elevation change. I was supposed to do a 90 miler this past weekend, but I had residual symptoms of a migraine and the ride fell apart at mile 45. I had to call for a pickup. And in general, with the beginning of the semester, I haven't been as ironfocused as I should be. I'm not super concerned that I'm unfit to complete the century ride, but this has turned into my A race, and I'm not feeling like I'm in race shape. I just wish I was farther along by now. I'm trying to adjust my expectations and find enjoyment in the workouts.

I'm also trying to become one of those morning athletes, which is a change. So, I'm off to my bike at the moment.

Hope everyone's doing all right out there.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Aug. 31 Edition [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi! Yeah, we have been in the national news quite a bit... some good (contact tracing efforts), some bad (cases galore). We have a 13.63 positivity rate for tests done on campus last week. I do not get a choice for teaching. I have to do it in person. Students can choose to livestream in, and many are doing that.

I'll be interested to know if you prefer morning workouts to evening! I'm definitely a morning person.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I miss all of you guys and I can’t make the virtual happy hour tonight 😭

Hope you all are well and staying safe.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply