Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Di2 - TT to Road
Quote | Reply
Hi there,

As I have a new mechanical new road bike and not riding my TT anymore, or almost anymore, I was wondering if it's worth to or it will work, if I buy a Di2 Shifter and transfer the group from one bike to another!
Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 - TT to Road [GS1977] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would work no problem. You would probably have to buy new wires appropriate to the lengths of the road bike. Plus, I would leave the wires in place on the TT bike if you ever wanted to swap back.
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 - TT to Road [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see, I was wondering about the battery inside the seat tube as they have totally different form! but I will do that! thanks mate
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What kind of bike is your TT bike, and did it originally have an option for OE Di2? I assume you have the cylindrical internal battery. Most bikes produced in the last 5 years have a provision for an internally mounted Di2 battery. You will just have to get that manufacturers battery attachment bracket, if applicable. You will also need to get a set of the Di2 wire grommets for your frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a 2017 QR PR 5.... My road is a Ventum Ns1!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That should be a slam dunk install. There is a Di2 battery bracket on the bottom of the seat post. It is probably there, but unused. Remove the seat post to check for it, and if it is missing, you will need to get one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you mate!
Quote Reply