Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best places to get quality tubes reasonably priced
Quote | Reply
Was shocked to see 2 stores prices of $10 a tube. I remember when they were $6.99 or $7.99

I'm not looking for the fastest for race day. Just a quality, durable inner tube for training wheels or my 50 deep carbon wheels.

Thanks

I'd like to buy 4 or 5 at a time.
Quote Reply
Re: Best places to get quality tubes reasonably priced [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get Kenda tubes off of eBay for ~$5ea ($30 for 6 shipped).

Also, my local Spech dealer has sales twice/yr (Usually April and Oct) that often feature 50% off tubes (so the ridiculously overpriced $10 tubes are $5).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Best places to get quality tubes reasonably priced [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, my passive-aggressive question is... how often do you flat that the incremental cost of a tube matters? I use Silca and Vittoria latex tubes everywhere and love them. I carry cheap butyl tubes for emergency flat repair. I have only had two flats in the last 5 years, and one destroyed the tire too. I never considered the cost of a premium tube a thing. (But the $50 tire stung a bit.)
Last edited by: exxxviii: Aug 30, 20 7:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excel Sports 10 for 30 bucks!

I don’t post enough so my opinions must be considered spam.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How many tubes do you use a year? :)
Quote Reply
Re: Best places to get quality tubes reasonably priced [CDAtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CDAtri wrote:
Excel Sports 10 for 30 bucks!

That's by far the best price/deal I've seen. 40 or 60mm stem as well. Usually these sorts of deals are with <40mm sized stems that won't work on 50mm carbon wheels.

https://www.excelsports.com/...major=1&minor=31
Quote Reply
Re: Best places to get quality tubes reasonably priced [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why wouldn't a tube with a 40mm valve work with a 50mm deep rim?
Quote Reply
Re: Best places to get quality tubes reasonably priced [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Except they absolutely rape you on shipping charges. The cheapest shipping to me in Texas was darn close to the cost of the tubes ($10.90).
Quote Reply
Re: Best places to get quality tubes reasonably priced [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
Except they absolutely rape you on shipping charges. The cheapest shipping to me in Texas was darn close to the cost of the tubes ($10.90).

Doh' didn't see that part. That sucks!
Quote Reply
Re: Best places to get quality tubes reasonably priced [jth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use about two a year but I provide tubes to friends when they need them... that’s why they keep me around. As for shipping, I always order more things that I need to get free shipping or I get friends to buy things to get free shipping.

I don’t post enough so my opinions must be considered spam.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wiggle has LifeLine branded tubes for $3 a piece.

A steep $16 in shipping if you don't spend $100 USD right now though. I bought some when I got some shoes, cheap shipping got from the Midlands to Boston in 4 or 5 days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amazon has a deal for 5 tubes and 2 levers for $37 - https://www.amazon.com/...le?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply