Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Match sock length to tri kit?
Quote | Reply
Short sleeves together with long socks is a good look. But I prefer a sleeveless kit. Do I look like a dork with tall socks and sleeveless kit? Must the socks be short if the kit is sleeveless?
Quote Reply
Re: Match sock length to tri kit? [tobrien] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you mean look like 'more of a dork'?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always go with ankle socks or no socks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rule 27- Shorts and socks should be like Goldilocks.Not too long and not too short. (Disclaimer: despite Sean Yates’ horrible choice in shorts length, he is a quintessential hard man of cycling and is deeply admired by the Velominati. Whereas Armstrong’s short and sock lengths are just plain wrong.) No socks is a no-no, as are those ankle-length ones that should only be worn by female tennis players.
All answer can be found here. ;-)
https://www.velominati.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Match sock length to tri kit? [Flanders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Transitions are faster if you don't wear socks.
Quote Reply
Re: Match sock length to tri kit? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
Do you mean look like 'more of a dork'?

Hehehehehehehehehe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty much any sock length works with sleeveless kit, assuming the shoulders are wide. The thinner the shoulder straps and deeper the arm cutouts get on a trisuit, the balance gets a bit off if you have long socks. My $0.02.

As far as length mismatch, the Superleague's sleeved swimsuits are a new level of kit abomination.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sock length should match the gun, just ask Five...

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply
Re: Match sock length to tri kit? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just noticed the gal in the green kit is running barefoot. Not sure if that would be more or less painful on a treadmill than on the road like Blum did in one of the races last year

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Match sock length to tri kit? [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A lot of the guys also went barefoot. The run is only 1000m (on a smooth treadmill surface to boot), and the transition time to put on/take off running shoes was bigger than the time gaps in the run. For the race when the run was first, I think everyone went with shoes, since the advantage outweighed the minimal time to pop them off.

Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tobrien wrote:
Short sleeves together with long socks is a good look. But I prefer a sleeveless kit. Do I look like a dork with tall socks and sleeveless kit? Must the socks be short if the kit is sleeveless?
What do you care what other people think?
Wear what you like.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You forgot to put that in pink don’t you?

-shoki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tobrien wrote:

Wear what YOU prefer, there are no rules and anyone who tells you otherwise is probably a douche.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are a triathlete and you are supposed to look dorky... :-)

Quote Reply
Re: Match sock length to tri kit? [Warbird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Warbird wrote:
Sock length should match the gun, just ask Five...

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tobrien wrote:

If someone thinks you look like a dork, they have bigger problems in life. Don't worry about what others think, wear what you want, and chuckle to yourself as you pass them ;)

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply
Re: Match sock length to tri kit? [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
You are a triathlete and you are supposed to look dorky... :-)

That dish is sooooo NOT aero

Quote Reply
Re: Match sock length to tri kit? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's b/c they got it wrong. The satellite dish is supposed to be a behind the saddle XLab bolt on accessory

Brian
“Eat and Drink, spin the legs and you’re going to effin push (today).” A Howe
Quote Reply
Re: Match sock length to tri kit? [TriBri00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's exactly what I was thinking, too

Which would be MORE aero?

Round?

Or square?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I go with the most minimal skin coverage as possible ...sleeveless and no socks... so I don't have dorky tan lines...lol...
I'm waiting for the doing the whole race in just a speedo days to come back... like Faris and Kenny... ;p

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: Match sock length to tri kit? [Orcaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Orcaman wrote:
I go with the most minimal skin coverage as possible ...sleeveless and no socks... so I don't have dorky tan lines...lol...
I'm waiting for the doing the whole race in just a speedo days to come back... like Faris and Kenny... ;p

Tim Deboom used to (may still) do one race per year in a speedo just as a throwback. I've done the same, and the looks from the GenZ aid station workers are priceless.

Quote Reply