Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Felt DA lovers take a look! [ecce-homo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ecce-homo wrote:
I no longer own a DA, but I manage to make the rear brake work flawlessly. The trick is using brake levers with the same leverage the brakes where designed for. I tried everything until I tried Dura Ace levers. Being a SRAM guy it took me long to realize though. Then suddenly everything worked perfectly. The reason is Shimano levers pull more cable and you should no mix SRAM/Campagnolo (same leverage) with newer Shimano. They used to have the same pull, but Shimano changed it a few years back. What is surprising is that manufacturers such as Felt would speck the wrong levers with a bike.

I got my DA rear brake to work really well with the Dura Ace levers as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA lovers take a look! [ecce-homo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ecce-homo wrote:
I no longer own a DA, but I manage to make the rear brake work flawlessly. The trick is using brake levers with the same leverage the brakes where designed for. I tried everything until I tried Dura Ace levers. Being a SRAM guy it took me long to realize though. Then suddenly everything worked perfectly. The reason is Shimano levers pull more cable and you should no mix SRAM/Campagnolo (same leverage) with newer Shimano. They used to have the same pull, but Shimano changed it a few years back. What is surprising is that manufacturers such as Felt would speck the wrong levers with a bike.

I find this curious as I had no issues when I was running S990s and it's fine now too with my 3T Knifes. Setup for me is key and the noodle liner at the rear brake needs to be replaced frequently. Also making sure the metal part of the noodle isn't kinked or bent. Then it's just a matter of setting the cable properly and micro adjusting with the springs.

That being said, I have RED 10spd brifters which sucked on my shimano and tririg brakes. Wasn't until I combined them with Spyres on my UP did I find those levers worked worth a damn. I never did use them with SRAM road calipers, which might have made a difference.

On Chloé's DA I love the paint scheme and most everything else, but seriously dislike the aesthetics of the cockpit and front wheel.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA lovers take a look! [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LAI wrote:
ecce-homo wrote:

I find this curious as I had no issues when I was running S990s and it's fine now too with my 3T Knifes. Setup for me is key and the noodle liner at the rear brake needs to be replaced frequently. Also making sure the metal part of the noodle isn't kinked or bent. Then it's just a matter of setting the cable properly and micro adjusting with the springs.

That being said, I have RED 10spd brifters which sucked on my shimano and tririg brakes. Wasn't until I combined them with Spyres on my UP did I find those levers worked worth a damn. I never did use them with SRAM road calipers, which might have made a difference.

On Chloé's DA I love the paint scheme and most everything else, but seriously dislike the aesthetics of the cockpit and front wheel.

I am using SRAM levers as well. It just took a while to get them tuned in but now they work as well as I need them to. I know I need to tune them up but don't want to touch them because they're working so well!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA lovers take a look! [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the past, she has ridden an 808 firecrest in the front.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA lovers take a look! [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love it. I raced a DA for a long time and when I switched to wider HED jet rims I had a devil of a time getting the rear brakes to work properly.
I have since bought a B14 which actually fits better and Im faster on it and it accommodates the wider rims quite nicely.
The B14 and my old DA seem to be almost identical frame wise. Head tube and fork are different but it hasn't seemed to make any difference in my speed.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA lovers take a look! [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any of you guys run courses with your DA that had a lot of climbing? Ever have an issue with flex and a wheel wanting to rub while out of the saddle?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I had that issue with my DA. I could adjust the brake to avoid it, but the threshold was extremely low.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had the issue of wheel rub with my 321 and when I ran a Jet Disc, both wheels are over 30mm wide and hit the chainstays. For me it has zero to do with the brakes and everything to do with the narrow gap with the chainstays. When I ran a Stinger Disc (28mm wide) zero clearance issues and never noticed wheel rub.

Fishbum wrote:
Any of you guys run courses with your DA that had a lot of climbing? Ever have an issue with flex and a wheel wanting to rub while out of the saddle?

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did the old and new Triple T courses on my DA but it's a 650C bike so nothing was flexing.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA lovers take a look! [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jrielley wrote:
LAI wrote:
ecce-homo wrote:

I am using SRAM levers as well. It just took a while to get them tuned in but now they work as well as I need them to. I know I need to tune them up but don't want to touch them because they're working so well!

I've heard this multiple times, but i swapped my SRAM levers for the Bontrager RXXXL brake levers and saw no improvement. Are the Bontragers the same pull ratio as SRAM, or Shimano?
Quote Reply

Prev Next