Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: SUPER LEAGUE LIVE ON YOUTUBE NOW.. [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
TruffleShuffle wrote:
This format is nuts. It gets rid of basically any games/strategy and really puts it to the pure athletics of the individual.

No drafting on the swim and you can see your competitors to your left or right. Albeit they do have drafting on Zwift they said which is unique and gets down to math so curious what equations are used, and the run is not in a line/pack/anything.

It's hard because of the way running works on zwift - speed in = speed out - so we don't have the blackbox that we have with cycling - watts in --> speed out - to play with. But seeing this format does sort of make me want that. At the very least, something like running power ups that *temporarily* suspends the 1:1 for with speed would seem to add some interesting dynamics.

I'd say of all the races we've supported since COVID, this was the most interesting to me; not just as a triathlete, but as a game designer/developer. This was the format that most pushed the platform and which most got my brain churning about possible development work to make races like this both more tactical, more engaging, and more fun.

I don't think the "tactics" are needed with power ups etc. Balls out,body thrashing racing is what we got, why change that?
Quote Reply
Re: SUPER LEAGUE LIVE ON YOUTUBE NOW.. [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone else notice Learmonth was basically putting out as much w/kg as the men? She was over 5w/kg for pretty much all of the bike legs.
Quote Reply

Prev Next