Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quick Fixes?
Quote | Reply
What quick fixes have you applied to your training, your technique or your raceday that have produced the most immediate improvements in your performance?

I'll give you a few of mine:

- increased my stroke rate by 2 using a Tempo Trainer
- learned how to do flying mounts/dismounts
- never eat dinner after 7pm (immediate weight loss)
- bought Vaporfly 4% shoes (the hype is true...)

Over to you...
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Fixes? [smallard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Liquid nutrition - no more dealing with wrappers or struggling to chew and breathe while racing hard. And it can pack a better nutritional punch for electrolytes and caffeine.

Proper tire pressure - ahieves speed, comfort, and paying attention to it can help reduce flat frequency.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Fixes? [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
100% agree on liquid nutrition. Scratch Labs/Tailwind/Gu Rocktane powder have all worked great for me.

Others:
  • Proper bike fit
  • Aero helmet
  • Learning to breathe out while swimming (as opposed to holding breath between strokes)
  • Lock Laces
  • Taking feet out of shoes before T2
  • Downloading BestBikeSplit or Strava segments for bike course pacing

Gotta disagree on the flying mount. The risk to reward ratio simply isn't there. There's basically no real time savings there
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Fixes? [indianacyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
indianacyclist wrote:

100% agree on liquid nutrition.

x2.

Gotta disagree on the flying mount. The risk to reward ratio simply isn't there. There's basically no real time savings there

Also x2.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
smallard wrote:
What quick fixes have you applied to your training, your technique or your raceday that have produced the most immediate improvements in your performance?

I'll give you a few of mine:

- increased my stroke rate by 2 using a Tempo Trainer
- learned how to do flying mounts/dismounts
- never eat dinner after 7pm (immediate weight loss)
- bought Vaporfly 4% shoes (the hype is true...)

Over to you...

Been trying this for years, but continually fail. Maybe once I stick to it, it will help.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ear plugs for the swim: I was getting nauseous on the run due to the water in my ears (for years), and this cleared it up.

Got a PM: Was going too hard uphill and too easy downhill; this helped me even out my efforts.

Zwift races: It's now easy to get really intense workouts in...whenever. Pushed up my FTP in weeks.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Fixes? [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
> Gotta disagree on the flying mount. The risk to reward ratio simply isn't there. There's basically no real time savings there

I think it's all about having the right shoes. I have the Specialized TriVents. A little magnet holds the heel piece back so your foot slips right in. Takes some practice but very satisfying when you master it.

I've been in some transition areas where it's been 300 yards from my bike rack to the mount line - you want to be running that in bikes shoes...
Quote Reply