Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Subscription-Based Coaching/Training Plans
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone!

I've been doing a bit of research into different online/subscription-based training plans (ie. no 1:1 coach to interact with personally) and just have some general thoughts/questions that I'd try to see what the Slowtwitch brains think. I'm thinking of something like the structured training plans from Trainingpeaks, or like Garmin Coach for running.

1) How do you pick the service? What features are you looking for?

2) Which features would you expect at a minimum?

3) Which features would you consider as premium and would be willing to pay extra for?
Quote Reply
Re: Subscription-Based Coaching/Training Plans [kerikstri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The online training plans are a good start, and it's better than trying to figure out your own training plan and mostly likely overtraining.

However, I would strongly advise having a coach, someone that can actively adjust the plan to your schedule, abilities, fatigue, etc. Having a coach will keep you from getting injured and have you train correctly for your specific race(s). Also, if you do a little searching, you can find a coach that won't be too much more than those static training plans.

Hope this helps :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Subscription-Based Coaching/Training Plans [brunes83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh yeah, I totally agree on that (and actually do have my own coach for my training haha). This question is more for me just asking curiously (a bit of research into what YOU would want!). Call it sneaky research into what triathletes are looking for.
Quote Reply