Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zone 3 wetsuits - buyer beware!
Quote | Reply
Just a warning for anyone thinking of getting one of these wetsuits.
Mine is a year old, and just started shredding under the arms. Most of my swims are indoors so it’s probably been used all of 20 times.
Always washed down, dried and stored properly.
Support? a week after my support request and quiet as a mouse...

Avoid at all costs.
Quote Reply
Re: Zone 3 wetsuits - buyer beware! [TB2019] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which model? The cheaper ones do use cheaper rubber (like most makes). But the expensive suits use the same expensive rubber (like everyone else). I had a Zone3 Vision that wore out pretty quickly (rubber between the legs and tears under the arms. I attributed that to the low-end rubber more so than the brand itself.
Quote Reply
Re: Zone 3 wetsuits - buyer beware! [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the cheapest Xterra wetsuit and I never wash or dry. It's been holding up really well for years now.
Quote Reply
Re: Zone 3 wetsuits - buyer beware! [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah mine is a cheaper model, I got it off wiggle. But once I started looking around the net, I very quickly found others with the same thing from different models. They also are experiencing the same silence from support about it.
Who wants to take that chance with a high end model?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
why are you using a wetsuit for indoor swimming?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To add some balance, I bought the cheapest Zone 3 wet suit from wiggle 4 years ago. It has been used frequently including things it was no designed for such as body boarding and kayaking. Apart from a few tears caused by user error it is still in a good condition....which is frustrating as I wanted a new one!
Quote Reply
Re: Zone 3 wetsuits - buyer beware! [Guy S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same issue and made a thread about it earlier (https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...one3%20rips#p7268631).

Got offered a nice discount voucher, but am still hesitant to invest more in this particular brand.
Quote Reply
Re: Zone 3 wetsuits - buyer beware! [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
I have the cheapest Xterra wetsuit and I never wash or dry. It's been holding up really well for years now.

Mine as well, I think it's a Vortex 3 or 4.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TB2019 wrote:
Mine is a year old, and just started shredding under the arms. Most of my swims are indoors so it’s probably been used all of 20 times.

Avoid at all costs.

If you've used your wetsuit in a chlorinated pool 20x in a year, I'm not surprised it's falling apart. You've probably voided the warranty by doing so also.
Quote Reply
Re: Zone 3 wetsuits - buyer beware! [hobbyjogger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hobbyjogger wrote:
TB2019 wrote:

Avoid at all costs.

If you've used your wetsuit in a chlorinated pool 20x in a year, I'm not surprised it's falling apart. You've probably voided the warranty by doing so also.

Pretty sure he means that since his swims are mostly indoors, he has only used the wetsuit outside a couple times - not that he swims indoors 20 times a year with his wetsuit.

My Zone3 Vanquish neck seal completely came apart on the seam (didn’t tear - the whole neck seam just released). The suit was about 1 year and 2 weeks old. I was told to pound sand and given a referral to a wetsuit repair company.

Quote | Reply
Zone 3 went through a US distributorship shake up earlier this year iirc.

You may try to contact Zone 3 UK HQ instead

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Zone 3 wetsuits - buyer beware! [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correct - Zone3 did go back underneath original ownership earlier this year.

I am the Zone3 US representative now. Anyone that has had issues, please feel free to either DM me or shoot me an email at carter.wehrer@zone3.com and I would be happy to discuss the issue and see what I can do to take care of you.

Thanks!
Quote Reply