Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bryton rider computers - anyone use one?
Quote | Reply
I'm considering the Bryton Rider 320. seems to tick all the boxes of what "I" need now and will likely need in the future, at a pretty reasonable price ($120 plus shipping on amazon). The Rider 15 is even less expensive, and will do the basics for now as well, but won't support a power meter for if/when I do finally get one. But by then, I'll probably just get a new computer.

Any reason to NOT get one? (no power meter at the moment, no radar, don't need navigation...)

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Bryton rider computers - anyone use one? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an old Bryton Rider 100 that I bought for $65 4 or 5 years ago. It doesn't have any great features, but it's worked well. I know some of the reviews on it were that it quit charging after a few uses, so they may have had quality control issues early on, but the one I ended up with was solid.

GPS accuracy seems pretty close to any Garmin I've owned, but I'm not typically riding in reception challenged areas.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Bryton 310, $65. It's easier to use than the Garmin 520, and has longer battery life. The one negative is that it would not read the speedo from my powertap hub, but it seems to do everything else.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been a test pilot for Bryton since they decided to enter the US market several years ago, and have used most of their products. For the price, they're generally pretty good. Some of the menu and button functions aren't as intuitive as they could be, and a few design features are completely perplexing (why are some of the buttons on the UNDERSIDE on some of the newer models?!?). They generally tend to find satellite signals very quickly, and battery life is much better than most. I've never had an issue pairing several different power meters or HRM straps. Their mounts look just like Garmin's, but aren't exactly the same. A Garmin will not fit in a Bryton mount, and while a Bryton can fit in a Garmin mount, it doesn't lock into place.

I used to use a Garmin Edge 500 as my primary computer, and only use the Brytons when testing them, but lately I've been using a 420 most of the time (similar to the 320 but with a few more functions)...

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had one for a few months. I hardly ever had to charge it - battery life was impressive. However - it soon would no longer charge :-( I wanted to like it. I go through bike gps units like crazy these days. I just buy whatever is the cheapest anymore assuming they are made with poor quality - designed for failure. Not sure how that industry keeps spitting out junk from all of the brands. I even started using wahoo's iphone app at one point and ditched the whole idea of a gps computer on my bike. Even that app started failing on me. Just bought a 'cheap' garmin 130 - keeping my fingers crossed that $250 still buys you a quality product - even though it's garmins low end gps bike computer :-|
Quote Reply
Re: Bryton rider computers - anyone use one? [Warbird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Warbird wrote:
I've been a test pilot for Bryton since they decided to enter the US market several years ago, and have used most of their products. For the price, they're generally pretty good. Some of the menu and button functions aren't as intuitive as they could be, and a few design features are completely perplexing (why are some of the buttons on the UNDERSIDE on some of the newer models?!?). They generally tend to find satellite signals very quickly, and battery life is much better than most. I've never had an issue pairing several different power meters or HRM straps. Their mounts look just like Garmin's, but aren't exactly the same. A Garmin will not fit in a Bryton mount, and while a Bryton can fit in a Garmin mount, it doesn't lock into place.

I used to use a Garmin Edge 500 as my primary computer, and only use the Brytons when testing them, but lately I've been using a 420 most of the time (similar to the 320 but with a few more functions)...

Thanks for the feedback, it looks like I'll probably pick one up, along with a bryton out-front mount.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: Bryton rider computers - anyone use one? [kevmk81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thinking I’m about it some more, I’ll probably see if I can snag a used Garmin 500 / 510 off eBay. Those are pretty inexpensive now

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One important aspect I really love is the long battery life. It's at least 2x Garmin.

I got an aluminum mount off Ebay that bolts to the stem. Cheap and works great... though I did get better bolts for piece of mind.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a rider 310. I bought it b/c garmin said the turn around time once was 3-4 wks. (It wasn't) It is on pair functionality with an edge 500 and somewhat cheap. The interface is a bit awkward, compared to a garmin. I use it on my mtb b/c I'm worried I would break my garmin in a crash.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 310 and been using it for a couple of years of good service from it and expecting to get at least a couple more. It's a good computer, doing the basics very well.

http://www.tri-monkey.co.uk
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi all,
Wondering if anyone can help me with what I’m hoping is a user issue with my Bryton Rider 420.
I use TrainingPeaks and sync my ride to the Bryton app and then onto my bike computer, so that I can follow the right power requirements in the session. However, if I want to stop during a session, for a coffee for example on a long ride with several intervals, when I pause my ride it does NOT pause the workout, so the time for a rest or work interval keeps counting down even though my bike is stationery. Does anybody know how to pause the workout, seems strange that it isn’t automatic when the ride is paused?!
Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Bryton rider computers - anyone use one? [JoeTrisHard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a 310 and it's been working great for 3years, no problems or issues. I'd buy Button again in a heart beat.

http://www.tri-monkey.co.uk
Quote Reply