Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ROUVY Speed to Power problems
Quote | Reply
Just starting using ROUVY last weekend for VR race. I pushed 30 more watts than I did on a similar outdoor course and was 7:30 slower. I am a regular Zwift user and speed has always seemed to be in line with watts/kg. Comparing to several riders that road around same watts/kg I was 6-8 minutes slower. All my settings are set correctly and I am using an Elite Suito power meter. Today during training I massively dropped my weight and still really slow speeds on flat course. Any ideas to correct before VR half this weekend?
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: ROUVY Speed to Power problems [brett13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rouvy seems to prioritize raw Watts significantly more than w/kg. Which seems fairly accurate for TTs.

For example a 75kg rider putting out 300w will be substantially faster than a 60kg rider putting out 240w even though they're both at 4w/kg. On hillier courses this will normalize a bit more where w/kg is a closer indicator of average speed
Quote Reply
Re: ROUVY Speed to Power problems [indianacyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My average power was 307w on the New Zealand 40k course for a time of 1:05:30.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Huh, that does seem quite slow for that wattage. What’s your weight?

Seems like most folks are in the 2.5-3.2 w/kg range for that 1:05:xx time

I did the Santa Cruz 40km which has a bit more climbing on almost that exact wattage (304w) and finished in 57:xx. Weight at ~75kg

Edit: as a thought, did you do it in Ride or Race mode? Race mode will disable drafting and I think it gives you a more aero profile
Last edited by: indianacyclist: Aug 18, 20 12:33
Quote Reply
Re: ROUVY Speed to Power problems [indianacyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My weight is 80kg and I did the course in race mode. I averaged 3.84 watt/kg for 22.9 MPH avg. I was on the flats pushing 320 watts hitting about 23.8 MPH.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you using the right app? Rouvy AR is the right one, the other Rouvy workout app is the wrong one and I've heard of this before in that one.

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Quote Reply
Re: ROUVY Speed to Power problems [MrRabbit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been using old app. I will use the Rouvy AR on my next ride.
Thanks so much for the help!
Brett
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used Rouvy AR and my time on the New Zealand course was reasonable. I pushed a bit harder than in a regular Olympic race as i planned a 5hr break before starting the last run. Time ended up being in between my olympic 40k split PB and my stand alone 40k TT PB.

Some other rides in my time range caught my eye. Someone that finished a few seconds faster than me had a full 1 watt/kg less than me. As far as i know the only thing that affects speed in Rouvy are height and weight
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
brett13 wrote:
I have been using old app. I will use the Rouvy AR on my next ride.
Thanks so much for the help!
Brett

Yep that was definitely it. I've done courses on Rouvy (AR) and real life and the results were every comparable. Good luck!

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Quote Reply