Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ISM Prolouge alternatives
Quote | Reply
I have used the ISM prologue for years, but after a Covid enforced break off the TT bike I just cannot get on with it now. Its just too wide. I had issues before but zip tied the nose together (as many do) and put up with it. However, now I am back using the bike after a break I am finding its just getting too uncomfortable and rubbing on longer rides.

Any advice on an alternative out there? I am basically looking for the same saddle, just a little slimmer.

Thanks in advance :-)

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Re: ISM Prolouge alternatives [earthling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Move the saddle back and sit on the front part as you’re supposed to? - if it’s running, you’re using it wrong.
When that’s said, I have the same issue on my Road bike with an Adamo saddle, perfect fit for my Butt, But front split rails rub on inner thighs. I asked ISM if the knew of a saddle similar But more narrow At the front - they just pointed out I’m using it wrong, which I already knew, But really doesn’t solve the problem. You Can try asking them, if the have a saddle that matches it, But more narrow, they’ll probably tell you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember reading an article on here saying the saddle needs to be 5cm+ back from a traditional saddle. I think most will say that's the problem if you're finding it to be too wide.

I swapped from the PR2.0 to the PN3.1 and couldn't believe the difference. I never experienced leg rubbing on either saddle, but didn't like the rise on the PR.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, the Prologue is the same as the ISM PL 1.1.
Maybe a PN 1.1 or PN 1.0?
I have a PS 1.0 on my TT bike, and a PN 1.0 on my road bike. Like them both, and had the PN on the TT bike for a while with good success.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for the PN1.1. On the heavy side (like most ISMs), but a really great saddle IMO.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the responses. Going to have a look at the suggested alternatives and check my current saddle position.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was never terribly happy with my ISM prologue and mine literally fell apart (well the fake leather on it did). Anyway over the past few months I tried a few types of the newer ISM saddles and couldn't really get comfortable (hated the PN1.1 for example). It is pricey but I ended up with a Selle SMP T5. The relief channel is really wide and being a more traditionally shaped saddle I found it easier to set-up and it has different areas on it upon which I can sit (I can scoot forward or backward, roll my pelvis more or less etc). The T3 is a narrower option (relief channel is narrower too though). If your bike shop carries any Selle SMP demo saddles I recommend you give it a try. I don't see many riding them and I think that is a shame.
Quote Reply
Re: ISM Prolouge alternatives [brasch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brasch wrote:
Move the saddle back and sit on the front part as you’re supposed to?

Oh man, I see so many people with split nose seats sitting all the way back. I don't say anything unless I know the person, after which they usually have an epiphany. One of the guys in my tri club has a Cobb JOF seat and was sitting all the way back. I told him "you do realize JOF stands for Junk Off Front?"
Quote Reply
Re: ISM Prolouge alternatives [dktxracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dktxracer wrote:
brasch wrote:
Move the saddle back and sit on the front part as you’re supposed to?

Oh man, I see so many people with split nose seats sitting all the way back. I don't say anything unless I know the person, after which they usually have an epiphany. One of the guys in my tri club has a Cobb JOF seat and was sitting all the way back. I told him "you do realize JOF stands for Junk Off Front?"

Well, if someone sits too far back on the saddle, it might be ignorance. In my case, the Adamo saddle really suits me as a regular saddle, aside from the wide rails, so clearly the wrong saddle for me, as the rails are narrower than the rear. That doesn’t really solve my “i want that saddle with a regular nose”-problem
Quote Reply
Re: ISM Prolouge alternatives [onboost91] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks that looks like an interesting alternative, I will give that some thought.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m selling an unused PN 1.1 if you decide to buy. Cheap too!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
earthling wrote:
I have used the ISM prologue for years, but after a Covid enforced break off the TT bike I just cannot get on with it now. Its just too wide. I had issues before but zip tied the nose together (as many do) and put up with it. However, now I am back using the bike after a break I am finding its just getting too uncomfortable and rubbing on longer rides.

Any advice on an alternative out there? I am basically looking for the same saddle, just a little slimmer.

Thanks in advance :-)[/quote

If you want a DIY project, removed the pleather cover (and the 70-80 staples), gently remove the foam and grab a Dremel. I wanted to like the saddles but they are too wide for me. When I've made them narrower, they have worked like a charm. Just use some 3m adhesive to put it all back together. Don't pull on the pleather too hard, their material is pretty cheap.

When I tried to move the saddle back and ride further forward on it, all I did was to create hot spots as I had such a little contact surface. I had GeBioMized pressure mapping done on the stock and modified versions that confirm this.
Quote Reply