Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Roka Maverick X Sizing Question
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

I'm 5'10", ~145 lbs in race trim, ~32" inseam and wear approximately 31-32" waist slacks. Height/weight has me at the top end of the Small per Roka Size chart. I currently have a Medium, as when I bought it I was probably closer to ~150-155 (race weight relatively consistent in the ~145-150 range).

Thoughts on Small vs. Medium at these dimensions? Haven't swam in the M yet -- relatively easy to put on dry including rear zip up...don't notice many 'loose spots' around areas like small of back. Do see some areas of creasing/bunching in the shoulders (with arms up and arms down), slight creases at elbows, and some light 'wave/creases' at the knee. It certainly doesn't feel "roomy" worn dry but also not tough to put on nor does it feel too small (realizing it will open up on the water). Neck feels fine -- not tight nor loose (albeit not super tight in the back -- front snug against neck/chest area.

40 y/o competitive in age group. Suppose I'd like to error on side of performance, esp. if it's a material difference but also not a super confident swimmer and don't like feeling claustrophobic.

I'll of course email Roka for thoughts but hoping for some input from folks here.

Link to photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/7mz1g9PNTZ1ne1oA9

A few questions:

1) Should I consider Small vs. Medium?

2) Given that I'm "in between" or near the line on their size chart, will I lose material performance staying w/ the Medium?
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Maverick X Sizing Question [kmac2417] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not going to advise because I don't have the technical knowledge, but I'll say I'm 6'1 (and a half) and 160-165 and I use a ST (small tall), as that is what was recommended. Based on that, a medium for someone a little shorter may be questionable. I'd check with roka as they advised me and I'm pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Maverick X Sizing Question [Vols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Vols -- super helpful to know where others are at. Any commentary on how snug that fit was out of the gate? Agree with your suggestion re: checking w/ Roka which I've now done (and doh! -- should have done that in first place but when originally bought I was probably ~150-155 in the offseason which size chart pointed more clearly to M). Appreciate the input!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was definitely snug when I bought it and I considered exchange. It's been solid though to race in so glad I kept it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m an inch shorter and 5-7 lbs heavier. The small is tight when I put it on, and I wouldn’t classify it as “easy” to get on and in position, but it’s perfect once it’s wet. I’d at least consider ordering a small to try if I was you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve bought 3 Maverick X Wetsuits from ROKA

Each time they encouraged buying 2 sizes try them repeatedly

Keep the better one for fit

Return the other
Last edited by: MrTri123: Aug 15, 20 16:55
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Maverick X Sizing Question [triflorida] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Thanks Triflorida -- have you ever had tried an X in medium? I'm outside the return window as bought it last winter (haven't swam in it due to Covid) so the debate is whether or not to perhaps sell it locally and then try the small. Seems like many on these forums in our range are in a Small -- what I'm trying to figure out is whether or not they'll be a material performance difference when in between aka whether keeping Medium a mistake (Medium feels okay when trying on dry -- some light creasing etc. but also reasonably snug in torso and front of neck firm -- could see where back of neck not as dialed).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm 50 yo 5'9 and 150, 30 waist 38 chest and long legs and arms. i have a maverick X, size small and it has a good snug 'race' fit, but fits me better (a little looser in the chest) than the previous generation maverick pro size small. having said that i recently got a zoot wikiwiki size small that fits even better.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Buy both sizes and keep the one that fits better. That's really the only way to know. Although I would call Roka and ask them what they recommend.
Quote Reply