Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training Peaks Facelift
Quote | Reply
Logged in to the Training Peaks web interface today to find a new look. Nothing is mentioned in the "What's New" section. Does anyone know if this is just an appearance change or is there more?

Practise doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect!
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks Facelift [PrimalSteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PrimalSteve wrote:
Logged in to the Training Peaks web interface today to find a new look. Nothing is mentioned in the "What's New" section. Does anyone know if this is just an appearance change or is there more?

https://www.trainingpeaks.com/...s-calendar-refresh/?

Sam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw it today and looked and thought 'ok thats it?' They need do a lot more than that, it basically hasn't changed years....so ...zzzzzzzzzzz.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks Facelift [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They should focus in introducing more features than just changing colours. It´s a pitty they dont have more competitors, they are sleeping in the success.
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks Facelift [Cescorcio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Today's plan.....and there are a few others that I can't remember right now.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PrimalSteve wrote:

I hate the appearance change. The way the font is set up in the box it breaks words apart and extends the box way down the page. I really wish we could chose if we wanted to use this down grade.

BoulderCyclingCoach.com
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks Facelift [Cescorcio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been self-coached the past few years and have just kept the annual subscription. I decided after this year I'm not renewing and going to have the premium strava account instead. Maybe I'll renew when I think I can actually train for a triathlon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not a fan of this current change, as well as the last change they did.

I only record workouts done, not planned, so all I see now is a lots of gray and white. I liked the contrast between swim/bike/run/strength. Now there is visually no distinction except for a tiny icon that is hard to see.

I don 't remember when the previous update hit, but on a 1440p display, I can only see 3 weeks at a time, with about half of the display being empty/white space. Weeks with a triathlon and or 3+ daily workouts are even worse, with one week taking up 60-70% of the entire vertical width...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New calendar is ugly as hell. Looks like an excel calendar that a lazy intern would create

C'mon TP, get it together...
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks Facelift [indianacyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
indianacyclist wrote:
New calendar is ugly as hell. Looks like an excel calendar that a lazy intern would create

C'mon TP, get it together...

Agreed, this is super ugly. Hopefully the modified the backend though and this is the start of more changes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I actually like it...

I haven't seen anything else that has the data analytics that TP does for a comparable price (Today's Plan seems kinda steep to me)...maybe I haven't looked hard enough?

- John
"Have courage, and be kind."
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks Facelift [brianvp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brianvp wrote:

I only record workouts done, not planned, so all I see now is a lots of gray and white. I liked the contrast between swim/bike/run/strength. Now there is visually no distinction except for a tiny icon that is hard to see.

I don 't remember when the previous update hit, but on a 1440p display, I can only see 3 weeks at a time, with about half of the display being empty/white space. Weeks with a triathlon and or 3+ daily workouts are even worse, with one week taking up 60-70% of the entire vertical width...

Same here. As a self coached athlete, its white and gray.
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks Facelift [Stelvio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stelvio wrote:
brianvp wrote:

Same here. As a self coached athlete, its white and gray.

Make sure you e-mail them. They are looking for feedback. I was talking with another coach and we were frustrated that all disciplines are the same color. it is trivial but it was better before.

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks Facelift [Once-a-miler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s horrible. Feedback BEFORE they roll it out next time?

I’ve been using the other TP this year - Today’s Plan and it’s got it’s things of wants but they add features I’ve requested, quickly fixed some things I saw weren’t right and great helping make sure you know how to use things.

Biggest things are their swimming sucks and they know it. Should be getting an overhaul. And they don’t track shoe mileage.

Other than that I really have enjoyed using it. And haven’t even fully utilized it really.

I still think Garmin connect does the best on mobile graphs and display of running dynamics.
Quote Reply