Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Taren's Helmet "Testing" [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thing is, there have been other studies that showed that the Lazer vent cover yielded almost no improvement over the base helmet. I think there is so much margin for error that Taren's results are effectively meaningless/non-repeatable.

Head and helmet positioning, and then how the helmet fits into the contours of your body profile while in the aero position, probably has a bigger impact on outcomes, than helmet to helmet design.

Gerard Vroomen - Co-Founder of Cervelo ounce told me, that sometime things and set ups that LOOK aero, ounce set up and on the bike with the rider on the bike, don't always end up being that aero! It's the whole package that matters!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Taren's Helmet "Testing" [altayloraus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
altayloraus wrote:
OT: I would pay money for a YouTube function that would ensure that I never saw content from channels that annoy me by their mere existence - Taren, Durianrider, etc.
You mean like the 3-dots menu next to the video title?
Quote Reply
Re: Taren's Helmet "Testing" [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Traket92x wrote:
As soon as I saw the tail up the the aero helmet, I could guess the results. It doesn't take that much time on Slowtwitch to know that a big tail sticking up in the air isn't a wise move.

I think it’s somewhat valuable in demonstrating that for the average triathlete with an average, non-optimized position, the aero road helmet may be a better choice.

Yeah, no kidding. Everyone seemed to accept the Cervelo’s arfument that the P5x is a fast setup because it is faster for the average AGer who allegedly tape 32 gels to their top tube. So why not do what Cervelo did and compare yourself to average person who has probably has their tail sticking up in the air?

Having said that, this guy is a joke. Unlike others, I’m barely aware of his existence, but have seen enough to know he has very little to offer but loves to hear himself talk.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Aug 13, 20 12:19
Quote Reply
Re: Taren's Helmet "Testing" [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And his latest video covers “grounding”. He’s turning into the next Ben Greenfield
Quote Reply
Re: Taren's Helmet "Testing" [karmatraining] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
karmatraining wrote:
And his latest video covers “grounding”. He’s turning into the next Ben Greenfield

Saw that. He's gone full pseudoscience snake-oil kooky. He cites a paper from the owner of the "Naprapathic Healing Center" as giving it legitimacy.

Buy your magic grounding mat and all your dreams will come true.

The same "doctor" that wrote the paper he cites is also into "energetic field testing". "This entails understanding the energetic communication from the body and making herbal and nutritional recommendations based on the information received from the energetic findings your body provides."

Look for Taren to start selling plans based on energetic findings from your body.
Last edited by: HardlyTrying: Aug 13, 20 14:58
Quote Reply
Re: Taren's Helmet "Testing" [HardlyTrying] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HardlyTrying wrote:
karmatraining wrote:

Saw that. He's gone full pseudoscience snake-oil kooky. He cites a paper from the owner of the "Naprapathic Healing Center" as giving it legitimacy.

The same "doctor" that wrote the paper he cites is also into "energetic field testing". "This entails understanding the energetic communication from the body and making herbal and nutritional recommendations based on the information received from the energetic findings your body provides."

Look for Taren to start selling plans based on energetic findings from your body.

This guy just can't stick with the basics which is triathlon. He needs to watch a few Lagerstrom videos to see how it's done. The more out there Taren gets the more it hurts viewership and credibility.
Quote Reply
Re: Taren's Helmet "Testing" [altayloraus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you do downvote them in my experience they go away forever
Quote Reply
Re: Taren's Helmet "Testing" [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:

GCN/GTN are pretty good about noting where there is paid promotional content as well.

you are kidding!? its only because the regulator told GCN to stop sneaking in promoted products that they started coming clean. they are the most promoted entity in cycling. Sadly Taren has been doing the same for year without getting caught.
Last edited by: AGomez: Aug 14, 20 2:34
Quote Reply
Re: Taren's Helmet "Testing" [AGomez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AGomez wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

GCN/GTN are pretty good about noting where there is paid promotional content as well.

you are kidding!? its only because the regulator told GCN to stop sneaking in promoted products that they started coming clean. they are the most promoted entity in cycling. Sadly Taren has been doing the same for year without getting caught.

So you’re agreeing with me then.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of the studies he cited involved only 12 participants, so assuming half were given a placebo, that means he is citing a study where 6 people were grounded as proof it works.

Strikes me that the only people buying these grounding mats are those that aren't grounded in reality. He'll be putting forks into plug sockets next.

I used to just think he was a bit quirky but relatively harmless. I'm truly less sure now he's shifted his channel to focus on beginners. How many people is he going to put off the sport when he's telling you to spend 80 quid on a grounding mat while also talking about massages, floatation tanks and acupuncture (!) as if they are essentials. He makes it seem as if the basic financial hurdle to getting into the sport is so high. Sleep's vital, I think everyone knows that now, but why does he have to focus on all this rubbish rather than the well known sleep things which work? Not to mention that he said he's overtrained to hell, so maybe he's the last person any newcomer to the sport should be paying attention to.
Last edited by: Denning76: Aug 14, 20 3:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HardlyTrying wrote:
[/quote][/font]
karmatraining wrote:
[/quote]And his latest video covers “grounding”. He’s turning into the next Ben Greenfield[/quote][/font]

[/font]Saw that. He's gone full pseudoscience snake-oil kooky. He cites a paper from the owner of the "Naprapathic Healing Center" as giving it legitimacy.

Look for Taren to start selling plans based on energetic findings from your body.[/font][/quote]
Taren -- rhymes with Karen, your neighborhood essentials oils nut......
Quote Reply

Prev Next