Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any Help Greatly Appreciated!
Quote | Reply
I'm going to make this as short as possible. I am a cyclist. I am in permanent AF-Afib-atrial fibrillation.. however you want to call it. More likely than not...I've been in this state for 3 years without knowing it until recently.
My condition involves a heart that is minimaly responsive to increased cardiovascular output. My heart rate will not exceed 120bpm no matter the intensity.
This was discovered due to the fact that at 59 years old I still train with young racers. Recently I experienced total breathing paralysis several times in classic"make or break" situations. After 15-30 second s of disengaging...the situation corrected as fast as it appeared with zero lingering effects and the remainder of the session was fine.
I sought medical advice after the 4th occurrence.
In the first exam AF appeared immediately on the 12 lead EKG. I then had an Echocardiogram (screenshot attached) which revealed a severe enlargement of the total atrium..LAVI 72.5. I then did a cardiolite stress test and was administered Lexiscan because my heart rate would only get to 117 at top speed and full incline before my legs gave out. They identified a medium size blockage in the right coronary artery.
A heart catheterization was done and revealed that the arteries were fine and it was a false positive test.
Approximately 3 years ago I was able to ride 55 mins at an average HR of 158 comfortably averaging 360 watts. Literally from one week to the next...I was unable to exceed 310 watts with a heart unable to go above 120 BPM. That level remains currently.
So, in summary. My arteries are fine. I have an enlarged atrium. My pulse without physical activity is always under 50(that was also the case before any of this happened). I am in constant AF ( textbook- irregular beats- no pwav- a perfect small z pattern between beats.
Anything, would be helpful in getting to the bottom of this and finding a solution would be greatly appreciated. Next week I am scheduled for a Cardioversion and I have been prescribed Eliquis and Flecainide.
Thanks again for anyone out there that may have some productive information.
Thank You Greatly In Advance.
Last edited by: Bernoullitrial: Aug 8, 20 5:56
Quote Reply