Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Can you compare the Pro Stealth and Bontrager Aeolus?
Quote | Reply
For starters, I'm wondering for a road bike, not tri. The Pro Stealth 155 has been my main saddle the last 1-2 years but I've been starting to explore different styles as I'm finding the Stealth a little hard and maybe just a slight bit too wide. I was thinking about going down to the Stealth 142 but I read somewhere the only difference is the measurement at the wings the rest is the same and I think I find it slightly too wide a bit in front of the wings.

I've read from La Velocita that the Aeolus is more similar to the Stealth than the Power. While I love the idea of the Power and when I sit on it the wing section feels incredible, the nose is too narrow and I don't get on well with they way they construct the cutout. Nice price on eBay for an Aeolus 145 but I don't know if that would be better or the 155 would.

What have your experiences been?
Quote Reply
Re: Can you compare the Pro Stealth and Bontrager Aeolus? [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well they are both saddles.............

Its really hard to say because saddles are such a personal choice.
Quote Reply
Re: Can you compare the Pro Stealth and Bontrager Aeolus? [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends on your butt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't ask if anyone can tell me if the saddles will work for me, I'm more than aware of the personal choice a saddle can be.

All I asked was if someone could compare the two for me. I thought that was clear, I guess not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just double check your current stealth is in fact 155. I don't know what year you got it in but they are currently only offering 152/142. In the 152 case if you find it slightly too wide (not just in front of the wings) the Aeolus 145 might be a good middle ground.

The aeolus also cuts in closer to the wings so if you are on a 155 that might make the difference for you. In terms of firmness I can't help you there, a big matter of opinion and your riding position etc. etc.

Also just be careful with the "good deal" on the aeolus comp/elite/pro big differences in price and material.

Cheers,
Quote Reply
Re: Can you compare the Pro Stealth and Bontrager Aeolus? [CoolDownChamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CoolDownChamp wrote:
just double check your current stealth is in fact 155. I don't know what year you got it in but they are currently only offering 152/142. In the 152 case if you find it slightly too wide (not just in front of the wings) the Aeolus 145 might be a good middle ground.

The aeolus also cuts in closer to the wings so if you are on a 155 that might make the difference for you. In terms of firmness I can't help you there, a big matter of opinion and your riding position etc. etc.

Also just be careful with the "good deal" on the aeolus comp/elite/pro big differences in price and material.

Cheers,

You are absolutely right, it is 152. I was thinking about the Aeolus! That's good info on the Aeolus though, thanks. I think that could end up working well for me with the slightly different shaping. There's a 145 on eBay right now for like $70. I think that's a pretty good deal to try the saddle out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve ridden both the Aeolus 155 plus a stealth 152. The first difference is the Aeolus flexes more, that could feel odd for you. Plus I think the pro is very slightly wider at the mid point. The Aeolus is slightly more rounded side to side, it’s still a flatter saddle but not as flat. The Aeolus also dips a little more in the middle, which is compounded by that flex.

Both are great saddles. At the moment I’m on the Aeolus as I’m unfit plus my back is playing up a bit, at present the Aeolus seems a little more forgiving. However if fully fit I might bring the stealth back in, the stiffness of it was great for hard efforts.

This also is road bike set up, for the TT bike I’m on an ism ps 1.0.

Hope that helps.
Last edited by: Neila: Aug 7, 20 14:58
Quote Reply
Re: Can you compare the Pro Stealth and Bontrager Aeolus? [Neila] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Neila wrote:
I’ve ridden both the Aeolus 155 plus a stealth 152. The first difference is the Aeolus flexes more, that could feel odd for you. Plus I think the pro is very slightly wider at the mid point. The Aeolus is slightly more rounded side to side, it’s still a flatter saddle but not as flat. The Aeolus also dips a little more in the middle, which is compounded by that flex.

Both are great saddles. At the moment I’m on the Aeolus as I’m unfit plus my back is playing up a bit, at present the Aeolus seems a little more forgiving. However if fully fit I might bring the stealth back in, the stiffness of it was great for hard efforts.

This also is road bike set up, for the TT bike I’m on an ism ps 1.0.

Hope that helps.

Thanks! That info is definitely a big help. Like I mentioned, the Stealth is a little hard for me and I feel like I can feel the base of the saddle, so the flex sounds interesting. Maybe I'll consider the 155. They have a 30 day guarantee, which I like. I guess I could swap if one feels too wide or narrow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Re the width of the Aeolus, the front of the saddle is the same I think for both widths, it’s just at the back where the difference is, like the stealth. Perhaps seat bone width should be considered at this point.

Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Can you compare the Pro Stealth and Bontrager Aeolus? [Neila] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Neila wrote:
Re the width of the Aeolus, the front of the saddle is the same I think for both widths, it’s just at the back where the difference is, like the stealth. Perhaps seat bone width should be considered at this point.

Good luck.

Okay, thanks. That’s probably a good idea.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Neila wrote:

Good luck.

One more question I thought of...

How about the area leading into the channel? On more than one short nose saddle, I've had issues with the area where the top goes into the channel and a sort of hard corner forms. I've felt it a lot on the Power and Fizik Argo, but one feature I love about the Stealth is how smooth a transition it is.
Quote Reply